PDA

View Full Version : I wish people would just post a working DB.

mwmdragon
12-09-2003, 02:49 PM
i mean common. his is "EQEmu" not "EQ my DB is better than yours"...

Stop telling us to source this and that blah blah blah. Just source it make sure it works and post it. Even if you have a "Private" Server just post a working DB for other servers to work on, You will always be known for supplying the DB that help everyone else.

If i could get a DB working I would post it. I have given to the EQEmu community by having a good server up and making a world building web page. As well as telling everyone I meet online who likes EQ about the project. Someone who wants to give please do. I would really love to have a 5.1 server up and running, bugs and all.

TCSMyWorld has done a great job but the DB does not work just using it or even after sourceing what I was told to source into it. Player starting points are not there ect. Please If I am wrong let me know...But don't just tell me... show me put a working DB up here.

Thanks for listening to my Rant.

Post a Working DB if you have one.

Sauron
12-09-2003, 03:25 PM
The problem is NOBODY has a 100% Complete Database.
Even the top servers are not absolutly complete.
You will still find problems with zone lines.
Nobody is even close to getting all of the pathing done.
It's slow going.
Every time SOE Changes something, adds something or removes something it sets us all back.
We don't have all the data we need packet collected yet.
The EMU Does not fully support all of the live features yet so some things are not the DBs fault.
Also everbody wants to rant about how there is no fully working DB will all zones fully functional with correct spawns and loot and such.
However I have yet to see any of these people who like to complain so much do anything to offer a hand in the development of a database.
They just sit back and keep launching complaints like they have some right to have a script ready to source in that just magically makes everything work.
With a project like this if nobody wants to help then everybody suffers.

Now I'm not saying that your not contributing. I myself just am working on expanding my C++ skills and well as my knowledge of the DB and mysql in an attempt to help whereever I can however an disturbing ammount of the EQEMU user base seem to expect everything to be handed on a silver platter and not help at all.

I searched really quick but could not find the post I was looking for but it has been said in the past that if everybody pitched in instead of complaining all the time we would have already had a 100% complete database by now.

omper
12-09-2003, 04:43 PM
well.. as for as me.. i am currently going through 10800000 .bmp's to find individual textures for every zone.. and yes that number is correct. 10 million 800 thousand.

then converting to jpg.. then cropping them down.. then cataloging them. wanna help?

Omper

Kroeg
12-09-2003, 05:53 PM
It's funny to see people finding their way in the forum to whine about incomplete db's. I'd love to see you sit and add grid movement for each and every npc on the server, one by one. I'd also love to see you find the time to continuously update the db to satisfy everyone that absolutely must use the newest release of eqemu.

In other words, why don't you create your own db and release it to everyone so we can whine about how incomplete it is? Do you even have a vague idea as to what it takes to populate a db?

sheesh man, you get it for free and still your glass is half empty :D

Grim
12-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Just going to post to this thread because I feel it will probably be read alot:)

1. I have gotten really good at populating zones with static spawns
(note) i can't do movement worth shit.. they just spawn and run into walls etc etc.. even if i swap locs in DB like you have to in game).

2. Im also good at loot tables.. adjusting probability, changing the chance of each item in the lootdropID for the mobs etc etc. I can get mobs to drop junk like ore most of the time and more rare items ocasionally.

Now that said, is there any way for me to just send the work i do to someone like TCs database team? Im not sure what files are what when i look in the data/eq folder in mysql so im not sure how it works.

another thing I would really like to figure out zonelines.. are they hard coded? or can i manipulate the DB for them?

finally ..not really but can i spawn mobs with weapon ids and have them STICK somehow so when they pop they are carrying those?

I have alot to offer, and i really enjoy doing this,but im not sure how i can contribute quite yet. Unsure of the file structure etc. I don't know C++ at all.. but i even took a look at the quest structures and made my own basic one.

To sum up.. if you need help im willing but unsure how to go about it.. and i need help with Zonelines ..intrazoning (warping) and spawning mobs with weapons and making that stick on repops etc. ..oh and spawn pathing.. dunno why they don't behave but they don't :)

Thanks for all your hard work and your answers in ICQ.

Grim

Muuss
12-10-2003, 12:39 AM
About mobs carrying weapons, i guess you mean mobs that have visual weapon you can loot after you killed them.
Well, that's possible, but not in all cases.
There's a set of visual weapons that can be add to many (all?) npc (d_melee_texture1 / ..2 for main and off hands in npc_types table). After you kill the mob, the weapons are NOT in the loot, if you want them, you need to add them to the loottable of the mob.

So, to clarify the process, having a mob that visually carries 1 or 2 weapons doesn't mean it will drop them when looted.

Muuss
12-10-2003, 12:44 AM
Well, another point i d like to clarify is that the weapons added to the fields d_melee_texture1 & 2 arent from the items table. They are hardcoded, the list is available from the FQAdmin package.

Sauron
12-10-2003, 02:38 AM
To answer you question about zone lines. They are not hard coded. They are in the database. Editing them can be a pain and requires a bit of trial and error in alot of cases. The table that contains the data you would need to modify is zone_points. That containts the source and destination points for the zones.

Kroeg
12-10-2003, 03:07 AM
http://h37.bounceme.net/eqemu/zone_points.zip

This is what your zonepoints should look like prior to next release (0.5.2 official)

Don't try to edit the zonepoints, you'll only find yourself having more trouble. The code itself knows what to look for (x.y.z) and the next target zone... having the correct set of values will make this work.

Hope this helps you there.

Grim
12-10-2003, 05:23 AM
once again thanks for the answers. I think my problem in zone_points is the heading.. im unsure what this is or what it does. is it 360degrees base starting north? or something like that?

I'll tell you what im trying to do. In BOT at loc 269 -88 -1558 there is a red lighting portal unworking that poofs you up a bit to loc 264 -136 -1489 (reverse the locs of course) {point 1. -88 269 -1558 to point 2. -126 264 -1489} then you go through more mobs and there are more red lighting thingies all over that you can do the same things on. Sounds easy and looks easy in the DB only it doesn't take hold. So im missing a step or 5 :)

as for the weapons showing up. I am trying to get the rallos ogres to have warr epics.. im assuming and i think you stated that they are not the same as weapon ID 1 and 2 when spawning them? so i tried putting the number in the defense melee table under 1 and 2 and didn't show up.. where is this list of possible models that work?

Thanks again.

Grim

Trumpcard
12-10-2003, 05:59 AM
i havent looked at how we do it, but in the packet, the heading is in radians (geometry term)

radians = angle *(PI / 180)

I'll have to look at the code to see if we switch the angle to radians for you...

devn00b
12-10-2003, 08:54 AM
People like you are why I WILL NEVER release the guildwars db.

Trumpcard
12-10-2003, 09:42 AM
What the hell did I do ???

Bearik
12-10-2003, 09:44 AM
What the hell did I do ???

I think hes talking to MWdragon :roll:

devn00b
12-10-2003, 09:46 AM
ITS ALL YOUR FAULT TRUMP!

lol j/k

/rant
not you TC just the person that made this thread. peeps that are unwilling to learn how to make somthing work, and demand things.

What has he done for the project? JACK SQUAT, yet he feels he has the right to sit here and demand things.

yeah i would realy release my db to listen to this kind of crap.

/rant off

ahh i feel a litte better

mwmdragon
12-10-2003, 09:59 AM
I didn't ask for a complete DB... All I asked for was a working DB. I can populate ect. Asking for a complete DM would be insane.

AND I DON"T SEE HOW ASKING FOR A WORKING DB WOULD STOP ANYONE FROM RELEASING ONE ??? That guys got some issues.

I have a 4.4 server which is now outdated and I would love to get a working DB so I can transfer everything over. I'm sorry if you think I was ranting about a completely full / Done DB. One won't exsist for years, if everyone doesn't chip in and create one good DB project. If we took everyone who could populate a zone andgave them each one zone to work on then the DB would be done in no time.. Hell if we even had a few people working on each zone we would see a working DB in a few months.. But no one wants to share anything they have that works.

So I will ask again... Can someone upload a (BLANK "if it has to be") database to work with 5.0 or 5.1 .

"Because of this guy I'll never release my database" :roll:
Common, grow up. This isn't real EQ where we have to be pricks to get into the uber guilds.

Any one think making agroups devothed to certain zones can happen ?? I would be willing to host a Development site for all the teams to use "Unlimited space".

devn00b
12-10-2003, 10:01 AM
again you sir are clueless...

EQEMU comes with a blank db...go nuts...

before posting tho you should realy stop...think...and look

Trumpcard
12-10-2003, 10:18 AM
I know not me you goofballs, i was joking!!! Once again my humor goes wasted !

a_Guest03
12-10-2003, 10:20 AM
It's too dry, Trump. Make your humor soppy, with a "baddahbing! Who's ya fathah!?" at the end of it.

Or just keep posting it and laughing about how we don't get it.

Kroeg
12-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Mwdragon-

the db.sql that comes packaged with releases (and cvs builds) should always be where you work from. In other words, instead of sourcing Tcs' db in, then just trying to play eqemu without verifying that there are known problems and/or fixes, try comparing a proved-to-work db (db.sql, the developers give this to everyone for a reason) with the db you are having problems with.

Since you seem to not grasp db editing too comfortably, take my word for it -- use a program called "SQLyog" (free) to compare 2 databases. It syntax highlights changed or 'off' values for quick compares. Compare db.sql with mwnpcmov* db you are using. This will, in almost every case fix your problem (or at least bring to focus what is different, so you have somewhat of an intelligible question to pose to the developers).

I'll be the nice one and tell you that complaining via the forum (or on irc) is a bad idea, and will get you nowhere. Tcs has put a LOT of work into his db's, and it's premature to say 'they don't work'... why? I use them! He would never release a 'non working' db... I know this because I typically stress test his dbs on my server, and I've had nothing but compliments on the db content.

Tertiary
12-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Mwdragon-

use a program called "SQLyog" (free) to compare 2 databases. It syntax highlights changed or 'off' values for quick compares.

Thanks for the "heads up" on SQLyog Kroeg, never heard of it before and it looks really useful.

Link here for the Google impaired :)

http://www.webyog.com/sqlyog/

Wumpas
12-10-2003, 10:52 AM
:shock: NO Please NO !

I love colecting any DB and app I can get my hands on for learning. The Guildwars DB would be invaluable to learn from.

I Beg you Sir /dev/noob Don't close the door on this I would really like to see the GW DB and see how you get all your cool functions in there like items that spawn guards and the other consepts you guy have are simply inspiring.

I look forword to GuildWars and would love the opertunity to learn from it as well as play on it! It's great that you wizards have the ability and time to build all this stuff I too have gobs of time just my skills are still in beta development :)

Some day I would love to be able to build DB's and having any good DB exspecialy the GuildWars DB would be like gold as a standard to look to.

Im only asking by no means am I demanding. I realise it's no easy favor for you guys who already give 150 percent to support the community to wind up giving more.

(If it's not released in mass could it be at lease be available to a small circle to those that take intrest in it?) I am at your mercy.

TO
Dev team, Scorpius2k, TcsMyWorld (and all your cronies) ,
MollyMillions and all the suport helpers , (many others)

Yar, may Brell Bless your blades to be a light to all that is
small and noobish!

P.S. Wumpas peers around for flamers. Did I Make my Dexterity Check?

mwmdragon
12-10-2003, 11:52 AM
All i ask for is a blank DB and next thing you know the sky is falling. One intelligent answer from so many posts is shamefull.
Thanks again Kroeg.

As for the rest of you hormone driven apes :roll:

Scorpious2k
12-10-2003, 12:11 PM
The funny thing is, as I mentioned in another thread, Myra has been talking about doing the work to take some of our DB and making it generic for others to use....

Threads like this make me want to discourage her. Why? Because I know that the same people who beg for a DB will complain about it when they get it. I see no point in her putting in all the effort and time to undertake something like that when I know she will be given enough grief about it to make her wish she had never done it. Strangely, she is still considering it.

TCS has worked hard to create the only 3rd party DB available for 5.0. Go through the forums and count the messages. How many "thank you" verses how many "this doesn't work" do you count?

What motivation do you see for someone to do this? For the "good" of the project? Yeah, right. I think for your own "good".

The two most important words: Thank you
The three most important words: I was wrong.
The four most important words: How may I help?

Learn them.

Wumpas
12-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Scorpius you are right But I for one do say thank you i did a few post ahead of yours in fact.

Not all of us complain (i used to a bit when i was really green. Now ive seen the light!) I Ask forgivness

I have followed your post since I stumbled on your pathing tutorial many months ago. I have not posted threads to thank you guys properly and I am sorry for my neglect. The support is there I just havn't voiced it as im sure others feel the same way.

I even try to fix my code with the fixes you post from time to time and they do help when i can figure out how to do it. your recent SQL patch to fix the duplicating pets was great help. It tought me how to source in a sql made from notepad. :D

Tommorow after exams are over im going to properly thank you guys look for the post :D probably in the eavning.

Keep up the good fight its not in vain. There are people like me who care they just don't post because there intimidated by the forums and afraid of a mattattack (JK i love those attacks when they nail the really stupid posts Junkyard = Real funny reading). I too want to join as soon as i get a good grasp of the DB and the source code. I could jump into it now but Im timid and just know id drag the project down with my non developed skills. youd end up with alot of bugs to fix if I was a DB builder. Hopefully that will be changing soon im learning more every day.

To the TCS team I thank you guys too you have braved the text editors for far to long without thanks the same probably goes for the GuildWars guys. Having actuly conversed with TCS in the chat rooms Ive got to say He is passionate about the EqEmu DB Project wich i see from each and every one of the develpers code tinkers and suport helpers.

I hope this raised a few spirits and to the original topic I myself have troble with the canned empty database I know its all my own errors best I can tell you is its a great challenge on a boring saturday. Im sure we will all figure it out eventuly (took me 2 months to figure out how to get the EqEmu to work in the first place now thats green LOL) note to get it to work I just followed the Guides and every time I would find somthing I missed and I would get closer and closer until it all finaly clicked. I Suspect the DB issues are the same I just gota read the instructions enough ! :D

You will one day get the hang of it as I hope to someday as well.

:D Merry Christmas all !!! :D

(A bit early I know but this post needs some cheer)

Thank you again to all the developers you included Scorpius :D

maethwyn
12-11-2003, 01:38 AM
All i ask for is a blank DB and next thing you know the sky is falling. One intelligent answer from so many posts is shamefull.
Thanks again Kroeg.

As for the rest of you hormone driven apes :roll:

Canadians... sheesh.

This isn't health-care... it ain't a thankless, sub-par handout. Put-up, or shut-up. You probably complain about that free service, too.

Thanks Trump for the hint on the sql compare program... what a nice surprise!

Kroeg
12-11-2003, 01:52 AM
Trump didn't mention it :P

Trumpcard
12-11-2003, 02:21 AM
Yes, but I am the root of all knowledge!

If you have a brilliant idea, it came from me!

Scorpious2k
12-11-2003, 04:42 AM
Scorpius you are right But I for one do say thank you i did a few post ahead of yours in fact.

I saw that and its appreciated. I was speakiing to the vast majority who don't.

To the TCS team I thank you guys too you have braved the text editors for far to long without thanks the same probably goes for the GuildWars guys.

I quoted this because I thought it deserved being said again :-)

Thank you again to all the developers you included Scorpius :D

I appreciate the thanks, but want to be sure to point out that I am not a dev, just a lowly single dad who manages to squeak out an occasional helpful post. Wish I had more time to spend on it.

I would also like to add my thanks to the talented people who sacrifice their own personal time to make this possible for the rest of us. Thanks Devs, one and all.

When I grow up, I want to be a Developer

Wumpas
12-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Thank you for clearing that up Scorpius. I guess I don't have to jump off the wizard spires any more :P I was afraid I was forsaken there hehe.

I appreciate the thanks, but want to be sure to point out that I am not a dev, just a lowly single dad who manages to squeak out an occasional helpful post. Wish I had more time to spend on it.

:shock: Don't sell yourself short your post are extreamly helpful and your web site tutorials and zone / model lists are a great resource. If that was a team effort give your team my thanks !

Trumpcard LOL thats hilarious I just pasted that in my favorite quotes text file. (dont laugh you know you have one too :P )

maethwyn
12-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Trump didn't mention it :P

LOL

Nothing like slamming someone else, and shooting myself in the foot at the same time.

That YOU Kroeg :p ...but yeah Trump still rules, so you know... it was an understandable mistake :)

Trumpcard
12-11-2003, 09:38 AM
but yeah Trump still rules

WOOHOO! Finally a fan!

Scorpious2k
12-11-2003, 11:41 AM
WOOHOO! Finally a fan!

Heh... Dev Groupies

*Pictures Trump surrounded by groupies yelling "polymorph me" or "overload my functions" or.... *

Tertiary
12-11-2003, 11:45 AM
*Pictures Trump surrounded by groupies yelling "polymorph me" or "overload my functions" or.... *

... where is Merth ? :(

Wumpas
12-11-2003, 05:46 PM
I bet merth tries to shy away from the groupies crowd must be why I havn't seen him in a while he knows im one of them ! :P

LOL good one scorpie that pictures ugly enough without merth !

tcsmyworld
12-11-2003, 08:01 PM
First: Thanks to all of our DB supporters, and a Big round of Applause for the DB team who work so hard to try to get out a decent playable DB for ALL to enjoy, and Thanks to Drawde for a great base to start from.

Now: we still have the irc chat channel on irc.eqemulator.net #npcmovDB, where ANYONE WISHING TO HELP can go and offer thier services in whatever they may be good at.
We have a CVS repository set up with the DB broken down into tables , anyone wanting to help out can contact either myself or Bud9weiser to find out how to submit changes.

And finally: Believe it or not , we are actually trying to get this DB to a point where it runs without problems.
In case the few of you out there that seem to think this is easy and should be done overnight haven't noticed, there have been quite a few changes to the DB structures, this in turn makes more work to get the DB working with current versions.
Since the DB team has been pulled together there have been many updates and changes, releases have benn posted with the Emu versions they work with ( thats right , the part you ignore).
If we had more people to help debug the DB , and fewer people harping for a "working" (???) DB , we could have a complete world in a very short time.
So in short: PUT UP or SHUT UP!!

*End of MY rant!!*

Once again ANYONE WANTING TO CONTRIBUTE, go to the #npcmovDB irc channel, we'll get you to work on something right away , we have lots to do yet :)

mollymillions
12-11-2003, 10:31 PM
It should be possible to contribute without having to subject oneself to the IRC chat. Just a listing of current code/db issues and a flag to indicate that someone is already addressing it so that individuals don't waste their time replicating others work. Just my two cents worth.
Thanks All - for the product and databases, much appreciated by this little black duck.

Myra
12-12-2003, 02:53 PM
When I grow up, I want to be a Developer

<Off topic> Like you'll ever grow up....

SCORP'S MY DAD, HAVE PITTY. <Off topic>

tcsmyworld
12-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Sorry that irc chat channels for the Emu have prompted the notion that all irc channels are nothing but ridicule for the people stopping in.
I assure you that the #npcmovDB channel is NOT anything like the other channels , the team gathers there to discuss what we are doing , who is doing what , and to help people with problems that may arise if we can.
Our system of updating will get better , we just now got the CVS set up and running , working out all the details still , just wanted anyone interested in helping to have access , and a place to gather and discuss what changes we are doing , and what changes need to be made.

bud9weiser
12-14-2003, 06:14 PM
As TCS said, we are in that channel from the time we log in to the time we sleep, just this weekend i have over 27 hours into getting differant parts of the database updated, just this weekend we had 5 differant releases for differant changes, all of wich are available for public download and use. we use this nameing method that might be confusing, but, ill explain and im sure youll catch on. mw_051_052_alpha1 for example.. what this means is mw= my world (just our little stamp) 051 oh thats the version of emu it works with, get this.. 051 really means it works with version 5.1.. brilliant eh? then you come to 052 and wouldent you know.. 052 means the same thing 051 means. thats right folks 052 means it also works with 5.2 of course their are going to be bugs. but if you want bug free, feel free to mail me a bi weekly check comparable to what i make where i really work and ill deffinetly be compelled to sit here and write db updates so people will stop bitching. As tc said, put up or shut up.

themushygod
02-23-2004, 01:36 PM
[quote="tcsmyworld"]Sorry that irc chat channels for the Emu have prompted the notion that all irc channels are nothing but ridicule for the people stopping in.
[quote]

you mean there r channels that exist for something other then arguing and trading porn????

Daeath
02-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Believe it bub - great channel, I've been frequenting it lately and everyone there, especially Wiz_One/sandy/badkore have been really helpful. Just don't ruin it with porn and negativity...

RexChaos
02-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Believe it bub - great channel, I've been frequenting it lately and everyone there, especially Wiz_One/sandy/badkore have been really helpful. Just don't ruin it with porn and negativity...

Waaaait a second here. Are you saying porn could ruin something? you take that back this instant mister! I'll not have you slandering porn's good name! ;)

samandhi
02-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Waaaait a second here. Are you saying porn could ruin something? you take that back this instant mister! I'll not have you slandering porn's good name! Tell you what! If you absolutely have to have porn as part of the IRC experience, just download a freeware/spyware IRC client, and it will probably have either pop ups for porn, or have a small window inside the top of the toolbar that has ads for porn... Fair trade? <smile>

RexChaos
02-23-2004, 04:12 PM
No way! That porn's got words all over it. It ruins my concentration. :)

samandhi
02-23-2004, 04:13 PM
WAAAY more than we needed to know I think haha...

Anyhow, I agree, EQemu's IRC channel is very good.. I would recommend it to anyone..:)

RexChaos
02-23-2004, 04:22 PM
In all seriousness, I'll check it out. I haven't been on IRC in ...geez...maybe 7 years? Haha... I'll figure out how to set it up through Trillian and I'll say hi. :)

samandhi
02-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Check out MIRC. It is pretty straight forward and nice to use...
and FREE... woot.

kman
03-26-2004, 04:46 AM
Have an idea and i am not sure if it has been brought up but....
Maybe there is a way we can use Seq to 'record' the pathings that each of the mobs take. Maybe we can use this to automatically populate the pathing for each spawn. There is probably more to it but just a thought.

I assume a waypoint could be any point where the mob pauses, spawns, turns ect.

I am not sure how many people use seq but they have a very nice version for windows now called MySeq.

http://www.rexpage.com/myseq/forum/

There is a server and client that you need to download. The server runs where the eqclient is and the client can run on either the same machine or different one.

This program displays an overhead map view showing all the spawns and what direction they are moving, level visible weapons.
Hitpoint Percent ect.

This version is based on Seq. Which is a linux version. The linux version requires you to have linux (hehe obvious), a hub ( not s switch because it does not broadcast packets to all ports). and some patience.

Just get the windows version. I will look at the code to see if i can figure out a way to dump locs of the path to a text file.

Monrezz
03-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Sandy's eqbuilder does this. It analyzes log files and converts them into sql format so you can source into the database.