Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 12-09-2003, 02:49 PM
mwmdragon
Discordant

Default I wish people would just post a working DB.

i mean common. his is "EQEmu" not "EQ my DB is better than yours"...

Stop telling us to source this and that blah blah blah. Just source it make sure it works and post it. Even if you have a "Private" Server just post a working DB for other servers to work on, You will always be known for supplying the DB that help everyone else.

If i could get a DB working I would post it. I have given to the EQEmu community by having a good server up and making a world building web page. As well as telling everyone I meet online who likes EQ about the project. Someone who wants to give please do. I would really love to have a 5.1 server up and running, bugs and all.

TCSMyWorld has done a great job but the DB does not work just using it or even after sourceing what I was told to source into it. Player starting points are not there ect. Please If I am wrong let me know...But don't just tell me... show me put a working DB up here.

Thanks for listening to my Rant.

Post a Working DB if you have one.

NeverQuest
http://neverquest.gotdns.com
Emucade
http://dragonsden.emuunlim.com
Old 12-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Sauron
Fire Beetle

Default Problem

The problem is NOBODY has a 100% Complete Database.
Even the top servers are not absolutly complete.
You will still find problems with zone lines.
Nobody is even close to getting all of the pathing done.
It's slow going.
Every time SOE Changes something, adds something or removes something it sets us all back.
We don't have all the data we need packet collected yet.
The EMU Does not fully support all of the live features yet so some things are not the DBs fault.
Also everbody wants to rant about how there is no fully working DB will all zones fully functional with correct spawns and loot and such.
However I have yet to see any of these people who like to complain so much do anything to offer a hand in the development of a database.
They just sit back and keep launching complaints like they have some right to have a script ready to source in that just magically makes everything work.
With a project like this if nobody wants to help then everybody suffers.

Now I'm not saying that your not contributing. I myself just am working on expanding my C++ skills and well as my knowledge of the DB and mysql in an attempt to help whereever I can however an disturbing ammount of the EQEMU user base seem to expect everything to be handed on a silver platter and not help at all.

I searched really quick but could not find the post I was looking for but it has been said in the past that if everybody pitched in instead of complaining all the time we would have already had a 100% complete database by now.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:43 PM
omper
Sarnak

well.. as for as me.. i am currently going through 10800000 .bmp's to find individual textures for every zone.. and yes that number is correct. 10 million 800 thousand.

then converting to jpg.. then cropping them down.. then cataloging them. wanna help?

Omper
Old 12-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Kroeg
Hill Giant

It's funny to see people finding their way in the forum to whine about incomplete db's. I'd love to see you sit and add grid movement for each and every npc on the server, one by one. I'd also love to see you find the time to continuously update the db to satisfy everyone that absolutely must use the newest release of eqemu.

In other words, why don't you create your own db and release it to everyone so we can whine about how incomplete it is? Do you even have a vague idea as to what it takes to populate a db?

sheesh man, you get it for free and still your glass is half empty
Old 12-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Grim
Fire Beetle

Just going to post to this thread because I feel it will probably be read alot

1. I have gotten really good at populating zones with static spawns
(note) i can't do movement worth shit.. they just spawn and run into walls etc etc.. even if i swap locs in DB like you have to in game).

2. Im also good at loot tables.. adjusting probability, changing the chance of each item in the lootdropID for the mobs etc etc. I can get mobs to drop junk like ore most of the time and more rare items ocasionally.

Now that said, is there any way for me to just send the work i do to someone like TCs database team? Im not sure what files are what when i look in the data/eq folder in mysql so im not sure how it works.

another thing I would really like to figure out zonelines.. are they hard coded? or can i manipulate the DB for them?

finally ..not really but can i spawn mobs with weapon ids and have them STICK somehow so when they pop they are carrying those?

I have alot to offer, and i really enjoy doing this,but im not sure how i can contribute quite yet. Unsure of the file structure etc. I don't know C++ at all.. but i even took a look at the quest structures and made my own basic one.

To sum up.. if you need help im willing but unsure how to go about it.. and i need help with Zonelines ..intrazoning (warping) and spawning mobs with weapons and making that stick on repops etc. ..oh and spawn pathing.. dunno why they don't behave but they don't

Thanks for all your hard work and your answers in ICQ.

Grim
Old 12-10-2003, 12:39 AM
Muuss
Dragon

About mobs carrying weapons, i guess you mean mobs that have visual weapon you can loot after you killed them.
Well, that's possible, but not in all cases.
There's a set of visual weapons that can be add to many (all?) npc (d_melee_texture1 / ..2 for main and off hands in npc_types table). After you kill the mob, the weapons are NOT in the loot, if you want them, you need to add them to the loottable of the mob.

So, to clarify the process, having a mob that visually carries 1 or 2 weapons doesn't mean it will drop them when looted.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:44 AM
Muuss
Dragon

Well, another point i d like to clarify is that the weapons added to the fields d_melee_texture1 & 2 arent from the items table. They are hardcoded, the list is available from the FQAdmin package.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:38 AM
Sauron
Fire Beetle

To answer you question about zone lines. They are not hard coded. They are in the database. Editing them can be a pain and requires a bit of trial and error in alot of cases. The table that contains the data you would need to modify is zone_points. That containts the source and destination points for the zones.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:07 AM
Kroeg
Hill Giant

http://h37.bounceme.net/eqemu/zone_points.zip

This is what your zonepoints should look like prior to next release (0.5.2 official)

Don't try to edit the zonepoints, you'll only find yourself having more trouble. The code itself knows what to look for (x.y.z) and the next target zone... having the correct set of values will make this work.

Hope this helps you there.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:23 AM
Grim
Fire Beetle

once again thanks for the answers. I think my problem in zone_points is the heading.. im unsure what this is or what it does. is it 360degrees base starting north? or something like that?

I'll tell you what im trying to do. In BOT at loc 269 -88 -1558 there is a red lighting portal unworking that poofs you up a bit to loc 264 -136 -1489 (reverse the locs of course) {point 1. -88 269 -1558 to point 2. -126 264 -1489} then you go through more mobs and there are more red lighting thingies all over that you can do the same things on. Sounds easy and looks easy in the DB only it doesn't take hold. So im missing a step or 5

as for the weapons showing up. I am trying to get the rallos ogres to have warr epics.. im assuming and i think you stated that they are not the same as weapon ID 1 and 2 when spawning them? so i tried putting the number in the defense melee table under 1 and 2 and didn't show up.. where is this list of possible models that work?

Thanks again.

Grim
Old 12-10-2003, 05:59 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

i havent looked at how we do it, but in the packet, the heading is in radians (geometry term)

radians = angle *(PI / 180)

I'll have to look at the code to see if we switch the angle to radians for you...
Old 12-10-2003, 08:54 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

People like you are why I WILL NEVER release the guildwars db.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 12-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

What the hell did I do ???
Old 12-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Bearik
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpcard
What the hell did I do ???
I think hes talking to MWdragon
Old 12-10-2003, 09:46 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

ITS ALL YOUR FAULT TRUMP!

lol j/k

/rant
not you TC just the person that made this thread. peeps that are unwilling to learn how to make somthing work, and demand things.

What has he done for the project? JACK SQUAT, yet he feels he has the right to sit here and demand things.

yeah i would realy release my db to listen to this kind of crap.

/rant off

ahh i feel a litte better
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server