PDA

View Full Version : pvp server code

bbgunz
09-17-2009, 09:37 AM
sorry if the questions been asked , i havent found it.

I've been looking around for some useful pvp server code. I can't seem to find any useful "point system" pvp server packs.

is there a full release of a pvp servers code like guildwars or something similar around the place? To help get me started.

if not, can someone point me in the direction of how hook in and use the pvpreward variable, there is no information on the wiki. I want to award a gold or a totem to the person who gains a killshot. An even better scenario would be a item/gold that is on the corpse for the group to loot, that the victim did not have in the first place.

id love to have a points system that could be used with merchants, but even though its been done before i cant seem to find anything.

cheers, much appreciated

Shin Noir
09-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Most of the stuff you noted is custom and were probably thrown on random servers by a dedicated programmer. That programmer after leaving most likely didn't release their code, or if they did, it may be stuck in a waiting line for an EQEMU-like dev to check it out and write it in.

That aside, item reward system is in I think, do a query of your database inside the variables or rule_values to find some data about PVP reward loot item thingie.. I've seen it there before, but haven't really messed with it.

When VZTZ went down they released their source here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29168
You can potentially use that to grab snippets of code.

there are no easy walk throughs if that's what you're asking for. You'll be delving into the source code for most of that, unless it's already inside PEQ, such as the item reward.

PvP code on PEQ is typically pretty bad too..

Rogean
09-18-2009, 06:39 AM
there are no easy walk throughs if that's what you're asking for. You'll be delving into the source code for most of that, unless it's already inside PEQ, such as the item reward.

PvP code on PEQ is typically pretty bad too..

PEQ is a database, not a source code.

Shin Noir
09-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Sorry, PEQ I kind of use unanimously due to e.g. http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/ being the code link on the home page for the DL (Project EQ EMU), but yeah, I need to stop doing that since "PEQ DB" and "PEQ EMU" are two different Project EQ's. :P

Though caveman is part of EQEMU as a dev I think..

Rogean
09-18-2009, 07:16 AM
Cavedude, KLS, Both work on PEQ and are EQEmu Devs/Admins because they do both. KLS Does a majority of the code commits lately.

Yea the googlecode project name is kind of confusing, It was probably made back a while ago by the PEQ Team when the main project was unstable (due to our former crappy hosting), and it just became the main project. Would be a pain to change it now.