Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Throttle
Fire Beetle

Default LFC (Looking For Classic)

Yeah, this is the weekly "any good classic servers?" post. I used to play on a few, mainly on CKV and some other until they sort of died out and I went on to play a more modern game for a while. Now I'm "acquiring" EQTitanium again have a hunger for the classic hardships once more. I have a few criteria, though:

- Must be actual, true classic. Nothing custom, nothing changed, nothing but what we had back in the day. I realize no server is ever going to truly achieve this down to the smallest detail, but I'm asking for a server that doesn't constantly remind me that it's emulated by making me suffer missing NPCs, bugged skills, adjusted XP rates and all that stuff.

- Must have some semblance of a playerbase. Preferably a dozen or two active players, and more is obviously better. They should also be as mature and reasonable as you can expect them to be.

- Dedicated GM(s) that don't abandon the server one day when they get bored. I've had my fill of this and I like to know that my server of choice won't be gone some day without a word.

- Nothing past Velious; progression up to Velious is fine but not a requirment.

- No PvP. I'll be playing on TZ/VZ on the side when I feel like torturing myself with EQ1's questionable PvP capabilities.