Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 11-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
So you show that some people see it your way... Looks like a lot more people saw it my way... bitch

in fact... 3.5 million

too bad only like 1/3 the population of usa voted, too bad the rest were probably redneck illiterates like mostly everyone else that voted for bush.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

Almost forgot that for you daeath.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

EDIT:
I bet Daeath wears tinfoil hats all day to avoid the MIND CONTROL RAYS from the gov't.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:24 PM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Posting that chart to get a rise out of someone?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Daeath
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwin

I bet Daeath wears tinfoil hats all day to avoid the MIND CONTROL RAYS from the gov't.
Too bad I help develop those mind control rays for your government.

Baron, I'm sorry you were abused as a newborn - but that's still not a valid excuse for being mentally defective. You're no mind reader, so don't judge me if you 'think' (not really possible, I know) my words come from the heart or not.

Does it matter where someone bases thier values? People have made a stink about laws being based from religion, specifically christianity. Is it any better to have values imposed from parents, or someone else's life experiences? The source of one's values (religion, family, society, south park in Baron's case) doesn't matter - what matters is what our values are and if/how they are enforced apon the masses. In America, the majority decide what values are considered acceptable behavior. Why should the few decide the fate of the many? If the majority in America are 'christian', and you are anti-'christian' - tough. Deal. Move to France with all the other whiner's of the world. America may be 'Jesusland' - but look on the back of every US dollar. Isn't that why the whiteman came to this land, for religious reasons? This nation is based on religion, and it's religious-based value system will take a while to change - if it does ever. But it doesn't really matter where you base your values, only the values (and thier associated behaviors) matter.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:02 PM
mattmeck

2000 Election

Code:

Candidates   Votes                Vote %      States Won     EV 
Gore              50,996,116       48 %         21                  266 
Bush              50,456,169       48 %         30                  271 
Other               3,874,040         4 %           0                      0
2004 election

Code:
Kerry             55,949,407       48%          20                    252
Bush              59,459,765       51%          31                    286

So not only did more people vote, but more people voted for Bush then in 2000, that tells me that people realise he is a good president and came out to vote for him.

As to the values, i am against abortion and for the death penalty, also being a military family, the canidates views on the military came up in my big 3 concernes, why would i vote Kerry who is against everything i believe in?

And all of the people complaining able these beliefs being forced on everyone.......well more the half the people who voted agree with them, so why should your views that are in the minarity be forced on the majority???
Old 11-10-2004, 08:05 PM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
And all of the people complaining able these beliefs being forced on everyone.......well more the half the people who voted agree with them, so why should your views that are in the minarity be forced on the majority???
Alrighty. Glad someone finaly stated this straight up. WE (the minority) are not triing to force "our" views onto anyone. You can still not be gay, not have an abortion (not do drugs, not gamble, not whatever it is you don't like). We don't mind a bit. We DO mind you (the majority) thinking you have the right to force us to live our private lives by your belief system...
Old 11-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Do you support Seperate But Equal?

The majority of people used to.

Also, what the poster above me said.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

Quote:
Baron, I'm sorry you were abused as a newborn - but that's still not a valid excuse for being mentally defective. You're no mind reader, so don't judge me if you 'think' (not really possible, I know) my words come from the heart or not.
nobody can argue with your logic of steel, that makes an excellent case, thanks for your great post. I think I will print it out.

I know I've kicked your ass when you start trying to insult instead of arguing... whine more I like it.

Quote:
Isn't that why the whiteman came to this land, for religious reasons?
you're clueless if you even think that.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:38 AM
Draupner
Hill Giant

Quote:
2000 Election

Code:

Gore              50,996,116       48 %         21                  266 
Bush              50,456,169       48 %         30                  271 
Other               3,874,040         4 %           0                      0
2004 election

Code:
Kerry             55,949,407       48%          20                    252
Bush              59,459,765       51%          31                    286

So not only did more people vote, but more people voted for Bush then in 2000, that tells me that people realise he is a good president and came out to vote for him.

As to the values, i am against abortion and for the death penalty, also being a military family, the canidates views on the military came up in my big 3 concernes, why would i vote Kerry who is against everything i believe in?

more people voted cause they the gay marriage ban question on the ballot which brought out the dumbshit bible humpers
Old 11-11-2004, 01:38 AM
Tree
Sarnak

Old 11-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Draupner
Hill Giant

North should secede from Jesusland which is fuckin us all over and go join Canada

Old 11-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Draupner
Hill Giant

and Go Illinois! we pwn u redneck states even though we have a shitload of our own rednecks in the south.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:50 AM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq_addict_08
WE (the minority) are not triing to force "our" views onto anyone. You can still not be gay, not have an abortion (not do drugs, not gamble, not whatever it is you don't like). We don't mind a bit. We DO mind you (the majority) thinking you have the right to force us to live our private lives by your belief system...
What you have just stated are views. Believing that is it okay to do drugs for recreation, for example, is a view. That is where the conflict lies. You may not feel that you are forcing these views onto anyone, but much of the opposing side feels this way. It is all about perception. Perception drives conflict, not reality. I am actually hard-pressed to call either side "the minority," as the race was so close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draupner
more people voted cause they the gay marriage ban question on the ballot which brought out the dumbshit bible humpers
I could also say that more people on the left voted because of this issue, could I not? I enjoy the posts about "dumbshit bible humpers" and "Jesusland." Let's complain about the division of the country, and then try to divide it more. I am probably stretching a bit, but I have speculated to myself on future civil war. If the mentality of both sides is to criticize and isolate the other, it wouldn't be the first time -- the geography is just different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwin
Do you support Seperate But Equal?
That is a good question. In and of itself, I do not. However, if the majority does agree with it, who is the minority to say otherwise? The minority may be in the right, but by what mechanism can that be determined?

The question that I will ask you (and I don't know the answer) is: if such laws are repealed (as "Separate but equal"), does the system of majority rule work?
Old 11-11-2004, 06:37 AM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0oni9
Quote:
Originally Posted by eq_addict_08
WE (the minority) are not triing to force "our" views onto anyone. You can still not be gay, not have an abortion (not do drugs, not gamble, not whatever it is you don't like). We don't mind a bit. We DO mind you (the majority) thinking you have the right to force us to live our private lives by your belief system...
What you have just stated are views. Believing that is it okay to do drugs for recreation, for example, is a view. That is where the conflict lies. You may not feel that you are forcing these views onto anyone, but much of the opposing side feels this way. It is all about perception. Perception drives conflict, not reality. I am actually hard-pressed to call either side "the minority," as the race was so close.
So, it is your view that the oposing side feels that if anyone has the right to do drugs or marry their lover of the same sex, those views are "forced" upon them? Sounds alot like whites being forced to accept blacks as equals or men accepting women can think, thus vote on their own. Pretty bigotted viewpoint imo. Though I do believe that it is truly the direction they are comming from.