Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-17-2004, 05:06 PM
HenryHarding5
Fire Beetle

Default Why do NOT patch?

I just got home today from school, and i found out about EQemu and i installed everquest. Why am i not supposed to patch? does EQemu not work anymore? Is it not possible for me to get it anymore? im so confused, help a poor brother out.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Eklipse
Fire Beetle

You're not supposed to patch because the current live version isn't compatable with EQEmu. If you patch to live, you won't be able to play on the emulator.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:28 PM
HenryHarding5
Fire Beetle

ok well i JUST installed everquest... this is my first time playing EQemu... is there any way for me to play on the server without having to get past the patching? Will i never be able to play or is this temporary?
Old 12-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Basically the login server is working off the vesion that was right before the patch that happened december 15th... so if you patch to any date later than that (i.e. now) you can't connect, nor can you connect to it without having all the patches up to that last one so... sorry but yer kinda screwed right now if you just got EQ reinstalled... the good news is this is temporary, although to my knowlege there is no ETA on when the fix is gonna come out... i'd just say sit tight and check in every couple days or whatnot until you see the "go ahead and patch" thing where the "Do NOT Patch" thing is right now... sorry :(
Old 12-17-2004, 05:56 PM
HenryHarding5
Fire Beetle

alright well i want to get EQemu set up and stuff so it is already for when things settle out. Is it fine if i download the EQemu patch and copy it and all that crap, even though it wont work at this time? Should it work when the patch works?
Old 12-17-2004, 06:20 PM
FiCtIoN
Sarnak

eqemu will work with the live december 15 patch when the devs fix the code could be a while no way of really telling just check back daily theyll get it straightened out
Old 12-18-2004, 12:37 AM
relorm500
Hill Giant

Well theres no way to really tell.

It could take a Day, to 2 weeks, to a month..not really a way to know whats up until they post something on the boards. and btw whenever they comeout with a new version (theres always something good with it), so just chill for awhile.
Ba Fo On