Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Skylark13
Fire Beetle

Default Todo list for getting an interesting database

Hi everyone,

I got my EQEmu 0.6.0-DR2 server running, with the "Semi-complete fresh" database as stated here : http://www.eqemulator.net/databases_v6.php

Now, there's a few things I know are not complete in this database, but I'd appreciate if someone could just basically tell me if I'm missing things (I'm sure I am) and if possible, what I need to do to fix them. Basically, all this info is scattered on the forums, and I'd like to gather it here so it's easily accessible for people like me who just got into this crazy Everquest Emulator world...

Things I know or suspect have to be added or changed in the database :

• Some doors are duplicated. They open, and there's another solid door behind which doesn't open. To fix this, run the following:
    Code:
    DELETE doors 
      FROM doors d1, doors d2 
     WHERE d1.id != d2.id 
       AND d1.doorid = d2.doorid 
       AND d1.zone = d2.zone;
  • Some guards not helping the player, in particular in Greater Faydark. This seemed to be caused by three things :
    • Some guards have no entries in the npc_faction_entries table. A complete list would be hard to compile, but I'll try and get one.
    • The 0.6.0-DR2 build has a bug dealing with factions which is fixed in the current source in CVS. We'll see when that build can be made public in compiled form.
    • Your installation needs the .map files installed in a subdirectory called Maps so the guards will have line of sight to the mobs.

• Anything else?

Any additions people can make to this list will be added in an edit to my post. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Skylark13; 03-03-2005 at 12:00 PM..
Old 02-27-2005, 06:43 PM
mwmdragon
Discordant

Default .

"Double Door Problem"

The door problem is a double door in the database problem. Just go intot the doors table with SQLFront and list the doors by zonename and then doorID. You will notice there are quite a few doors with the same ID in the exact same location. Just delete the second copy of each door with the same doorID. This is mainly a problem in Qeynos,Halas, Ak'anon,Feydwer.
After you are done just restart your server and the double doors are now single usable doors.

"Guards Helping Problem"

Is a faction problem which you need the Perl quest system working to fix, I believe.

Hope this helps

NeverQuest
http://neverquest.gotdns.com
Emucade
http://dragonsden.emuunlim.com
Old 02-28-2005, 05:02 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Perl will not affect the guards attacking mobs. It is simply the faction entries in the database.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Skylark13
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmdragon
"Double Door Problem"
The door problem is a double door in the database problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDown
Perl will not affect the guards attacking mobs. It is simply the faction entries in the database.
Ok, next question, why doesn't the database come with the correct data right from the get go, then? I agree that it's pretty easy to fix, but the faction thing might take lots of time (getting all the correct factions to attack each other on sight)...

Also, I saw on another thread that you need the .map files for the guards to work correctly, is that true?

J-S