Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

Default As far as the "trilogy" is concerned....

I know the latest patch of EQlive won't work with the current version of EQemu, but will the out of the box version of EverQuest Trilogy work with it? I've heard something about EQ Platinum functioning ok out of the box but i wanted to know if the Trilogy would work. Any ideas?
Old 02-15-2005, 01:21 AM
mattmeck

nothing out of the box will work, were at the dec 14th patch, not the out of the box version. and no dont ask for files because thats against the law
Old 02-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Coffeebean
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
nothing out of the box will work, were at the dec 14th patch, not the out of the box version. and no dont ask for files because thats against the law
Why's it against the law? I mean...the entire trilogy is available for download at sony's website, for free...and once you've got the trilogy downloaded, you can just click advanced on the patcher and download the expansions as well, also for free.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeebean
Why's it against the law? I mean...the entire trilogy is available for download at sony's website, for free...and once you've got the trilogy downloaded, you can just click advanced on the patcher and download the expansions as well, also for free.
Have you read instructions and engagements about download ?
Download is only for use with real everquest for regular account.
Download this for another thing like Eqemu is warez use !!!
You can understand : EQEMU site can't support that !!!
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:25 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

Quote:
Download is only for use with real everquest for regular account.
buying the game is only for use with real everquest for regular account too. eqemu is no less illegal if you didnt download it. what mattmeck ment is its against forum rules to ask for those files. it is not against the law to ask for or download the eqtrilogy trial for eqemu

Last edited by mysticalninjajesus; 02-26-2005 at 07:34 PM..
Old 02-26-2005, 02:13 PM
mattmeck

actualy what i meant was,

were at the december patch not current with live, SOE dont offer previous patch versions, and us handing out the proper version is against the law due to the fact those files are copywrited and we dont have permition to give them out. So asking for the files needed to play = agaist the community rules because its against the law to hand them out.

Yes we know several server hand the files out, but we dont allow it to be discussed or linked to in the forums or IRC, that way if SOE takes an interst it wont effect the community just the server that is hosting them.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:07 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

EULA from Soe is'nt the law...
EULA say use buying software in emulation is forbiden, but is'nt the law
A download software without real account is warez, that is the law...

What we can change from that ? nothing :(
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:50 PM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

downloadin trilogy isnt warez. i can understand why they wouldnt want linkx to it on here tho.

Last edited by mysticalninjajesus; 03-01-2005 at 08:00 AM..