Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:46 PM
solid11
Discordant

Default Minilogin Password?

Just wanted to know if this needs a password. For example when you add another account to your DB, what does the person need to put in for a password?

insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('YOURNAMEHERE', 250, '127.0.0.1');

I thought I saw in another thread that you can insert a password in there. Like....

insert into account (name,password,status, minilogin_ip) values('YOURNAMEHERE', 'PASSWORD', 250, '127.0.0.1');

Is that right?
Do you just type your login name two times? one for login and same for password? I want to add more accounts to my DB but not sure how they use password part. thanks

Last edited by solid11; 03-10-2005 at 03:02 PM..
Old 05-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Darktanion
Sarnak

Default yeppers its me again dear friends hehe

Actually Solid that is exactly what you do. Something like this
INSERT INTO account (name,password,status,minilogin_ip) values('Johnny','Neumonic',250,'xxx.xxx.xxx.xx'); xxx.= second cpu ip bro.
This should work Solid that is what I did to get two computers to link together. Hope that helps you out. NOTE Make sure that I am right first of course by looking around but that is what I did.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:27 AM
solid11
Discordant

Yep, figured that out awhile back but thanks for postin hehe.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:48 AM
Darktanion
Sarnak

Talking

HEHE your welcome bro
Old 05-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Cailin
Sarnak

I have experimented with this in the past, and it seems that no matter what username/password combination is used, the account will always be picked from the connecting IP address. Meaning that you had an account named "bob" with the password "ted" for IP 10.0.0.1; if you were to connect from 10.0.0.1 you could use "fred" as the username and "joe" as the password and still get the same account.

Am I missing the mark here; can anyone confirm this?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:51 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

the password column in account is for TELNET, not for minilogin.

You enter your username and random gibberish for your password at the login screen, it doesnt matter. If the IP listed under the username matches the one connected, it sends you through, password disregarded.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:01 AM
Darktanion
Sarnak

So basically I figured all that out later hehe because I too made other accounts that seemed to be misleading on that part.
For instance I have 2 cpus connected through my ethernet adapter with one cable not router not hub at least not at this point. When I added the other cpu to the db it caused both machines under two different name/pswd's to show the same account. That isnt at all what I wanted lol