Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default Remember the time?

Remember the time when trading took place in the East Commons Tunnel ? I was just reminiscing (sp?) about my first days on original everquest, and I always remember searching for the 'tunnel' and then when I found it being stunned by all of the high lvl 45's and such with their crazy gear, auctioning off crazy items I had never heard of like a Skull shaped barbute, and that uber godly item, the FBSS ! *faint* LOL .. it's been a while but i'm just curious if anyone recalls these situations? when traders were real traders, and good talkers, and beggars were inventive and festive .. if not annoying hehe.
Just a thought, I played on prexus, the trading spots were prolly different on other server, but were there any unique trading spots on your servers ?

kindest regards,
Old 07-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Pattos
Fire Beetle

Default bazaar and POK

i played on Morden Rasp, and the biggest trade zone like everywhere was the bazaar... but ppl who couldn't access it traded in POK, plane of knowledge was a good place to sell things fast.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

I'm remember aydun, in this time i played on karana server ,
I'm remember english, spanish, french speach like babel's tower ,
I'm remember tunnel and traders on east commons land ,
I'm remember lag (500 player in zone rofl) ,
I'm remember free buff (no ooc for sell mind or hp buff) ,
I'm remember vendor spot on torch , and 'go to the first torch for browse my ubber stuff :p'
I'm remember a kind of play more human... (nostalgia)
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.

Last edited by Belfedia; 07-14-2005 at 10:07 AM..
Old 07-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Traul
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattos
i played on Morden Rasp, and the biggest trade zone like everywhere was the bazaar... but ppl who couldn't access it traded in POK, plane of knowledge was a good place to sell things fast.
He's talking about trading prior to Shadows of Luclin.

Good times though. About 90% of my time there was spent merchanting, it was very fun figuring out the market and all that jazz. Once Bazaar made an appearance, I was completely lost and didn't feel like learning a completely new method of merchanting. I quit shortly after.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Richardo
Banned

I was a beggar in the EC Tunnel and I remember I played a lvl 8 necromancer and someone gave my necro pet a Weighted Axe and my pet was hitting for like 86. Then I got buffs for my pet with cleric and shaman with druid DS and that was truely what I loved about the past in everquest. Back when everyone wasn't uber after playing for 3 weeks...
Old 07-14-2005, 09:31 AM
aitiyn
Fire Beetle

i remember when i very first started playing like the very first day running into WC and seeing people talk in /ooc and fealing soooo lost cause i didnt no command for /ooc and i didnt have any clue what the people where talking about with there wtb and wts and the short names like fbss and such =)
Old 07-14-2005, 10:29 AM
canehdian
Sarnak

i remember playing the day it came out, I played on Povar our auction zone for some reason was Gfay.....I remember running along the wall of kithicor nervous hoping i didnt die because i was lvl 20 going to highpass, and it took me like a month and a half to get that high...4 gold was a insane ammount of money...what else...

Server Op of A server in development! =D

formerly A fire inside
Old 07-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default good stuff :D

Yeah, I remember the kithicor run.. haha, I remember trying to make it to the area outside of rivervale, the wall, to hunt those oh so sweet bears, wasps and goblins!! Oh my the exp :P. That was also the time when druids were the dominating role in EQ society, with the porting.. god now looking back i almost miss asking for a port, and seeing a woodelf w/ a book laughing and helping me out.. I remember when you got skin like nature how uber you felt w/ that 24 dmg shield from druids !! ... those my friends were the days !!

kindest regards,
Old 07-15-2005, 07:31 AM
canehdian
Sarnak

hehe i remember with the necro's lvl 50 pet was o so freaking insane, Naggy was a big step, in your guilds raid ladder, vox was better...i remember the pick up vox raids that would almost 99% of the time fail!!, i remember being in one of the first guilds to go into fear...the 12 hour CR was my fav!...and trying to break it and the only way to do that was to have a group there ALL day ALL night...always have to have a group there! man...and camping the guard in highpass for 8 hours! fun!

Server Op of A server in development! =D

formerly A fire inside