Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:50 AM
Leejin
Fire Beetle

Default Big Newbie and big Problems

Greetings,

I am new to EQEmulator. I have patched EQ Ruins of Kunark and got now to some problems:

(1) When I launch game the screen is moved in a great part to the right - bottom corner of the screen - where is there the problem ?

(2) I login with my username and pw and there appears connecting to server but nothing happens ...it keep connecting ...I have did it by following the tutorial step by step - but no success - where is the problem there ? The firewall already mentioned that a program wants to access and I've granted EQ the access so there might be no problems with firewall at all ...i've also edited the
EQHost File and added Host=eqemulator.net:5994 to it while deleting the main EQ host.

I'd be glad for any suggestions or help

EDIT: Well problem nr. 1 has been solved. I reran the hardware options configuration ...but I still can't connect to a server :(

EDIT 2: Other problems solved ...but now I got a Error 1070 or 1017 ? It explains that I would have patched it wrong ? what is meant by this ? I patched It properly by downloading over 2 hours of stuff

EDIT 3: If the question might come up : Yes I have read all results that the forum search gave me and nothing yet helped ...

I've got now connection through Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5998 but I get an 1017 Error. Firewall is ok, so where is the problem ? I've also updated today the version ...the only thing that I see is that one package ...dragon of smth. I would not have, but this is more an ad that i see there

Last edited by Leejin; 07-25-2005 at 02:34 PM..
Old 07-25-2005, 06:36 AM
kawika
Sarnak

You patched to live and now must wait until we're up to live compatible. From the very top of the screen.
Quote:
DO NOT PATCH - Latest EQ Patch Breaks EQEmulator.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Leejin
Fire Beetle

*DOH* How stupid - I haven't read carefully enough :evil:

EDIT: Question removed by myself - recognized that question was not allowed to be posed as I looked on reference of this:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...highlight=live

Sorry

Last edited by Leejin; 07-25-2005 at 02:49 PM..