Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Ibix
Sarnak

Default Starting with EQEmu now?

So.... um... is there any way for someone completely new to this EQEmu scene to start playing? Like... I have my old Classic (Norrath + Velious + Kunark) CD's... I also have EQ Platinum plus some of the other late expansions, but anyway, I'd actually be thrilled just to play the old Classic stuff... The other stuff is take it or leave it for me right now. If I installed and just did not patch, I'm assuming I'd not be able to connect to the EQEmu servers? And if I patch all the way to current, I KNOW I won't be able to... So, is there some way for me to get started seeing what you guys have done?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:22 AM
mattmeck

no, you need to wait for us to get current with live. Your patch is too old or too new, and we cant help because giving those files out is against the law, and not supported by the community.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Ibix
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
no, you need to wait for us to get current with live. Your patch is too old or too new, and we cant help because giving those files out is against the law, and not supported by the community.
Okay, totally cool. Thanks for taking the time to answer the question. I can't wait for you guys to get current with live so I can check this stuff out.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:06 PM
mikenune
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibix
Okay, totally cool. Thanks for taking the time to answer the question. I can't wait for you guys to get current with live so I can check this stuff out.
Actually, you can wait. A long time, in fact!

/me looks left
/me looks right
/me spies mattmeck hiding behind a tree with teh big red button of DOOM

Eep! Don't ban me!!!

/me runs screaming for the hills
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Kalwen
Fire Beetle

Im in the same situation, was wondering when you think they are going to update to the current patch?? Haven't played EQ for ages and I would really like to get back on the eqemu scene :P
Old 02-02-2006, 08:36 AM
solid11
Discordant

No time that's worth waiting on hehe. The current emu is being perfected and there are no plans on updating to live atm.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:22 PM
xvirus2501
Fire Beetle

Yea, though I think updating to live would be an excellent idea. I know there is no ETA, but shed some light on this subject!.

"4 points towards score, 2 points towards code"
Old 02-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Nyte
Fire Beetle

So I am understand as well. There is no way currently to join EQEmu and play? Or just that the community cannot be associated with the illegal files one would need at this time. Not that I am condoning doing anything explicitly prohibited, just wondering...

Thanks,
Nyte
Old 02-17-2006, 03:03 PM
mattmeck

EQEmu itself will not be apart of illegal dowloading, what the servers themselves do, however, we cannot necessarily control (as long as it isn't brought here).

[ Grammar & Spelling cleaned up by Cisyouc ]

Last edited by Cisyouc; 02-18-2006 at 09:50 AM..
Old 02-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Ionix Dulak
Fire Beetle

Default awww

so, I downloaded eq tril, patched full, downloaded a specific server patch (to go unnamed here for apparently prudent reasons) and (while I'm repatching live right now just to try it again) every time I load eq it crashes before I get the char select screen. this is all because of the discrepancy with the live version right? or are you saying that it is possible to play by patching through a specific server, such as the one i mentioned (or rather didn't) which is in no way affiliated with eqemu.
sorry, just wanna know if i wasted my time, because I did manage to patch through a server, downloaded a bit of file... maybeit's my vid drivers. it's just crashing on me after server select screen.
-Ion.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:22 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

The minute you brought server-specific client content onto your drive, you ventured into unsupported territory. Any issues you have with playing on that server, with any content downloaded by that server. need to be brought to the attention of the operators of that server.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

or are you saying that it is possible to play by patching through a specific server, such as the one i mentioned (or rather didn't) which is in no way affiliated with eqemu.

Of course its possible..But thats "underground" stuff. We dont speak of it here..We wont help anyone with that. Not through PMs either..