Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:55 AM
bearman125
Fire Beetle

Default LD upon death

no matter what server i get into when i die i go LD. it takes me back to the char select screen and when i try to get on that char it shows me dead and says you died.... then instant link dead again. any ideas? thanks
Old 04-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Mendorr
Fire Beetle

Do you have titanium?

The exact same thing has been happening to me. I have a fresh titanium install, and I have tried using 2 other computers with fresh titanium installs and had the the same problem with both. One of the computers was not on my network and on a seperate cable modem. I occasionally host a 7.0 server and some people who play on it do not have this problem. My guess is it has something to do with compatibility between 7.0 servers and titanium.

-- Mendorr, Hope Server
Old 04-27-2006, 08:30 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yeah, it's a Titanium client issue.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:22 AM
bearman125
Fire Beetle

so what can i do? do i switch servers to a different client. yes i do have titanium and i am running on the perferred server.. 7.0. im still fairly new to the eqemu enviroment. will it fix it by getting on a different server with a 6.? client? thanks
Old 04-28-2006, 06:20 AM
klinzhai
Sarnak

Titanium will only work on the 7.0 servers.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:55 AM
mattmeck

If anyone would have read what the developer wrote they would realize 7.0 is buggy and they know this.

It WILL be fixed just be patient.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:18 AM
klinzhai
Sarnak

I ain't complaining... I'm ecstatic that I can install a server, rework it to suit my needs, then run around and test it. The whole "disconnect on death" and other issues are pretty much a non-issue for me and I know you guys will get everything worked out and running beautifully by the time that I am ready to start running my server with more than just me running around for testing.

I know a lot of people are anxious to get their server running flawlessly so they can run around with a dozen or so buddies, but we're a thousand miles closer to being able to do this now than we were just a month ago. I don't mind waiting a month or two for everything to be fixed, I just figure it gives me time to build new quests, play around with uber mob tuning for small groups and so forth. The fact that there is a widely available client that will run EQEmu now and we don't have to worry about using 'warez' (which I refuse to use, thus my patience with getting Titanium up and running) is a huge boon. I think we've already seen a good boost in the activity here and it can only go up from here, eventually resulting in better tools so that the customization of worlds will be that much easier.

That being said... I think that there are a *lot* of threads on these issues (minilogin, LD on death) and they're all well known issues. It might be easier to simply put some stickies out there saying "We know about these issues, please be patient and don't post a thread about them."
Old 04-28-2006, 08:21 AM
mattmeck

People dont read stickies, hence why the rules get broken daily.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Zcoretri
Fire Beetle

Just like road signs when driving