Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Sikelik
Fire Beetle

Default Only I can log in... why not anyone else?

I've managed to get my server up and running now. I'm running a Minilogin server, on version 0.6.6. i used eqemu 3.52 installer.

Everything runs smooth as a baby's butt. Except that i'm the only one able to log in. I can only log in when i set my status to 250 in the database though.

Anyone been in the same situation as i am in now before and know how to fix it?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:38 AM
sakrod
Fire Beetle

Have you added the other users to the account table in your database?

To add accounts, follow these steps:

1) Click Start / Run / type in "mysql -u root"

2) Type in "use YOURDATABASENAME" if you used cavedude's database, replace YOURDATABASENAME with eq, if you used PEQ's database, replace it with peq.

3) Type "insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('USERNAME',255,'IPADDRESSOFUSER');" replace username with the user's name and IPADDRESSOFUSER with the user's ip address. Passwords are not required using minilogin; instead verification is based off of the IP address, so make sure it is correct.

Also, make sure the server is fully loaded before connecting. This can cause things to get "funky".
Old 05-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Sikelik
Fire Beetle

i have created logins etc for everyone, and designated their ip addresses as well. but it's still only me who can log in.

gonna try to remove all passwords now just in case that helps.

they get access to server select, but after they click play, they get a black screen, and then suddenly they jump back to the start screen
Old 05-09-2006, 08:34 AM
sakrod
Fire Beetle

For your account that works, are you logging in remotely or locally?

If you are logging in locally, try changing all instances of 127.0.0.1 in your eqemu_config.xml file to your LAN IP address.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Sikelik
Fire Beetle

that fixed it ... for now...

but now it seems all of us log in to the same char select screen.

how can i make several accounts, or is that not possible?
Old 05-09-2006, 09:18 AM
klinzhai
Sarnak

Have other people login first, if they pop into someone else's characters, have them log back out and try logging back in. It's just a guess, but I think maybe it tries to log you into the account that was most recently logged in with, so you have to give it a 2nd shot so thta your account is the 'most recent' twice.... kind of... don't ask, just try it.