Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:00 AM
sake102204
Fire Beetle

Default eqgame.exe problem

ok, i login into eq the server's show up. then it freeze's, and a window pops up saying "there was a problem with eqgame.exe it has to close" any help would be hot.

sake
Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 PM
taguila
Fire Beetle

Default It also happening on my friends and my other computers.

We are also experencing the same thing where eqgame.exe crashes. We have both the patched and the titanium client. The thing that I noticed is there is a server out there which shows allot of people like in the millions before it crashes. Maybe it has something todo with that causing the problem during login. Just a hint dont' really know, but if you try enough times we evetually get you into the server. Lets say 10 tries or more then we eventually get in. Today it did on my 30th try.

taguila
EQEMU Synthesis Server
Old 05-10-2006, 02:54 PM
taguila
Fire Beetle

Default Application Log

Looked in Application log and found this.

Faulting application eqgame.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

Are you getting the same error?

taguila
EQEMU Synthesis Server
Old 05-10-2006, 03:16 PM
saladbowl1
Fire Beetle

Happens to me also, I also am thinking that it's because of those servers that show up with 1 million+ users.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:04 AM
BFC
Fire Beetle

This is happening to everyone I know that has 7.0 clients. Anyone have a fix or explanation for this? This wasn't happening until very recently. Up until this week I believe there were no issues logging into public servers with the 7.0 client.

I have trouble logging in with the 6.2 client as well, just not as often.

Any devs out there able to comment?

-BFC
Old 05-12-2006, 11:27 AM
BFC
Fire Beetle

Default Solved

I think we figured out this problem.

It seems the login is a bit sensitive to clock frequencies. All the systems that I know that had trouble logging in are now able to log in once they reduced their clock speeds some.

So, if you are over clocking any reduce your speeds some and it might get you going.

good luck,

-BFC
Old 05-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Aviem
Fire Beetle

Default Same Problem?

As soon as I click the EQ Icon this is happening to me, eqgame.exe has encountered an error... I'm running Titanium, my friend bought Titanium last night, same deal with him. Everything seems to be in order and lowering clock speed was ineffective. Thoughts?
Old 05-13-2006, 06:14 AM
BFC
Fire Beetle

I wish I knew what to tell you. Clock speed helped with us but we do still get an occasional crash.

I haven't seen a comment from a dev on this issue or the opcode issue. Only issues support seems to be available on are general configuration issues that are pretty simple.

I'm to the point where I'm willing to pay someone to help fix this.

-BFC
Old 05-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Zezuko
Fire Beetle

I get that same error - usually when I start up a second client..
What I do is type in soandso for account name / pass, then tab down to quick connect, hit enter (to log in) then quicky alt tab to another process (usually my other eqgame client)

Tends to work 50% of the time - for a few days worked everytime.

Might help ya, might not, some people this cures it 100%, other people it does nothing.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:43 PM
meverah
Fire Beetle

none of these solutions are workin for me :(
Old 05-16-2006, 12:50 AM
meverah
Fire Beetle

well as it turns out my little bro patched eq yesterday on may 15th :( i knew i shoulda made an extra copy of the exe file :( lol guess im screwed for a while.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Titanlock
Fire Beetle

Default other post

th3 guy 0n the state of the emu thread said its a problem with the server they are tryiong to fix in time maybe soon maybe not.

-i hope soon (scott)
Old 05-16-2006, 01:23 AM
meverah
Fire Beetle

well guess ill be waiting a while :(
Old 05-17-2006, 02:30 AM
meverah
Fire Beetle

quik question, since the problem im having is because my little bro patched on may 15th, whats the usual time length on emu working with this patch version? or are we switching to just the titanium support?
Old 05-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Eqemu live compatible ? i think that take long time. Devs make titanium compatibility to avoid "live chase" and work on bugs first.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.