Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Default Hello there.. long time.. but a possible come-back

Heya there,

I'm glad to see that the community didn't die.. didn't stay on WoW just like me tho I don't play anymore...

Recently I've seen that SoE has launched the progession's type servers. It sounds cool, I like the concept. I even tried to play a bit on theses servers. It's fun but first there are too much peeps on and second the leveling is boring as hell

Suddenly, I've remembered all the good time I used to spend with EQEMu and my old server... empire... for thoses who remember it. Then I've asked to me why not to come back and make a server like the Progression's ones but with the PvP added and some other cool stuffs.
You will say me : 'Yeah, just make an empire 3 server'
My answer is no because Empire was fun but everyone knows it.

Now, what I want to make is an Eqemu server like the progression's ones but whit the PvP. I think it would be custom because using a live DB will make the world too much bigger compared the population I guess... or I thought about using a live DB (EQ classic for the start). I'd custom all the Dungeons and make a world_based_quest to open the dungeon's doors. Something like that..

Right now, I dunno if I'll really make it, if I will spend almost all my free time (like on empire) but I thought it was a good idea to say what my plans could be..

Have fun,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-12-2006, 04:12 PM
relorm500
Hill Giant

Thumbs down

wow, where to start about Empire, what a great server. I used to have a halfling pally on there and yes the name was !!Bafoon!! but everything about it was great and you know if you do make a new server i will probably have to install everquest onto my pc again!. But yea....

PS. your english is more clear =P
Ba Fo On
Old 07-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hi Bafoon.

Of course I remember your halfing :P
That's true I've had a lot of fun while I worked on Empire. Making the database from scratch and changeing the code in order to get the PvP points added took me a lot of free time and a lot of fun. But, something kinda killed the server... the cheaters. Even with some code's changes, the MQers finally won almost every fight I had against them.

If I decide to work on a new emu server, I think I will spend more time to work on the PvP aspect than the content... it's why I'd like not to start from scratch but with an existing DB like the PEQ's one. Starting with EQclassic and revamping the dungeons plus adding the door's quests could be a good idea.

I like the idea of the zone guild control system. Guildwars had it for the cities, I think it would be fun to make it for the dungeons. A guild could control a dungeon so all the specific dungeon's items, quests and factions could belong to the guild.

Ok well, I'm stopping there.. I think I'll start to work slowly on the server and see how things go.

Have a good day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-12-2006, 10:05 PM
mattlyson
Fire Beetle

Default Awsome

Lol... thats awsome... it went to i might make another server to... im gonna start nice n slow on it ... ok wit dat a side... I love pvp and cant wait for a fun pvp to come out... since Guildwars has allwayz been a let down allwayz "dissapearing" and i loved the zone control idea.. and im sure alot of the hardcore Gw'ers would come try it out :P .. But all n all u allwayz made a good server.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:46 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Welcome back! It's good to see you, and I've noticed a bunch of people have came back to us after a long time away. They have updated the Emu a whole lot too. The progression server idea sounds very cool!

Old 07-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Welcome back magoth78
Your project are always nice !!! this is a good idea.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:25 AM
relorm500
Hill Giant

could someone inform me what exactly a progression server is?
Ba Fo On
Old 07-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hi belf, thanks, check ur PM when u get the time

Bafoon, a progression server has been made so everyone has a chance to start Everquest just like it was before all the expansions. Well, it's not really like it was because there are a lot of news graphics that were not in the old release (nektulos, lavastorm, the models: skels, kobolds, etc..).

In order to free up the expansion, you have to pass some events.
You start with the EQClassic content, level cap is 50. To make the planes availables, you must kill Nagafen and Lady vox. Once you have access to the planes, you have to kill Innoruk and Cazic thule to make Kunark available, etc etc...

The concept is really fine to me but on the official servers the pvp is missing and the leveling is really long. There are also too much peeps, everything is camped, the zone re crowed... in others words, we need a PvP Progression server :P
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78
Hi belf, thanks, check ur PM when u get the time
I don't have any PM from you :(
I dont understand why, but sometime forum and pm don't work very best with me...

Code:
Not Found

The requested URL /forums/private.php was not found on this server.
when i try to send you a PM...

If you want join me, use my email it was more efficiency
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

e-mailed you on @voila.fr
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-19-2006, 02:55 AM
Drungawunga
Fire Beetle

Hey bro, knew you'd come back, lol =P

Keep us updated on your plans, interesting
Old 07-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Sup,

I will have some more news to give in the next days. The website/boards are up but on a temporary host. I'm exposing the work .plan on the boards. The site will uploaded on the final host in the next 3-4 days.
For thoses who want, they will can discuss on the boards about some concepts I have to implement (Progression, Instanced PvP, etc..)

I have like 1-2 months of work, maybe a bit more, if I strictly follow my .plan

have fun,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-09-2006, 08:38 AM
relorm500
Hill Giant

oh goodie i will look at the site now
Ba Fo On