Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:39 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

Default All characters are black

NPCs, PCs, all characters are totally blacked out. Everything else in the game is fine. There are zero other graphical issue that I can see. I have had EQ Emu for years before this with no such problem. I recently deleted all EQ files and installed Titanium.

This clearly seems to be a graphics card issue, but I am not sure what changed, as I have the same graphics card I always have (6800 GT). The only thing I can think of is that I just upgraded my DX to 9.0c. I just updated the drivers for the card as well.

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried both old character models and new ones, and both are blacked out...
Old 07-14-2006, 03:14 AM
elation
Sarnak

Try this:
/dopropertinting on

You might need to restore your RenderEffects folder if something got corrupted or changed in it. These two things fixed it for me and others I know.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:24 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

I did the /dopropertinting on thing with no result. How do I restore my rendereffects folder? I located it in the program files, but didnt see a restore option except under advanced and then under thumbnails. I tried that but I doubt its what you mean.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:22 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Your video card might have over-heated. Or just heating and cooling (turning machine off and on) over a long period of time will loosen up solder spots on the board. In any case it can't be fixed, I've lost a few like that - just have to buy a new one.
The best way to verify this, is to have another video card for testng.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:28 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

Its not a vidcard problem. if it was his videocard he would have deforminties, lines,etc. all over his screen not just npc or charatcers. I can say i had this issue way back when i started and i had my 6800gt oc and it was fixed. when they caught live awhile back and i updated to live at that time and never had this problem again. so i would have to guess at it being corupt files in your main eq folder.Also i can say if you updated to live and make your client work after updateing to live will cause this problem. if you do not have all the files that were updated to put back to play on eqemu then it gives you this problem.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Aramid
Discordant

I too have a GT6800 and when I zoned into tutorialb, everything was fine as long as I was under water. Once I came out of the water, ALL I could see were the torches, EVERYTHING else was black. The water, when under it, looked fine and I could actually see things above the water. I copied the rendereffects file from a backup of my Titanium Install and now everything is fine except the water looks black from above it. This I can live with. If your running Titanium, reinstall it somewhere else and copy the 2 folders in the rendereffects folder to your current EQ folder for the Emulator.

J
Old 07-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

Ok it's fixed. I just had to reinstall Titamium. I guess my rendereffects file was corrupted, /shrug. Thanks for help all
Old 07-15-2006, 01:29 AM
elation
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie
Ok it's fixed. I just had to reinstall Titamium. I guess my rendereffects file was corrupted, /shrug. Thanks for help all
Yes that is the sorry I couldn't be more specific.