Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Smeeg
Sarnak

hmm, looks like somebody wants to play a wizard must be nice to 2 shot people
Old 08-01-2006, 02:24 PM
wolverine
Fire Beetle

Good Wizard one shot.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:44 PM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

4th still going to be the opening day?
Old 08-02-2006, 04:39 PM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

WTB website to read up on and info on how to get to the server since this will be my frist eqemu experiene. Also, how many people are you expecting?

Also, if I want to double box, will I need more than one set of CD keys for more than one account?
Old 08-03-2006, 05:15 AM
klamath
Sarnak

The 4th is still the planned date we going full out trying to get everything done please bare with us as everything is a bit chaotic atm.

Our website is currently offline atm don't know why we are looking into it.

If anyone wants to run a basic forum watch untill ours is back up feel welcome to.

To answer question's from early post here they are.

As we draw closer to the opening of the server, and after talking with some people a few more important questions came up.

1. First, just to get clarification, for spells like Ice Comet, Lich, Bond of Death, Life Leech and many of the Necro pet spells, which were previously research/quest only- you said they would be in game, but have they been put on normal spell vendors in cities? We just want to confirm that they are in fact available from a vendor.

Damage on all these as been reduce in damage by alot doing 58% in total damage on any player doing a full 100% on a npc. and i can say they are avilable but where you got to find your self.

2. The only available Mage pet spells for many of the mid-levels were on a vendor in OOT... Is this still the only place to get them, and do the boats work, or is there some other way to get to the vendor in oot for these spells?

All dark races of mages will be able to buy there pets from mermaid island. at night time only. Light classes will be able to buy there pets and high level spells from willow wisp island.

3. Ice Comet. It is extremely important for wizards that this spell is done right because, lets face it, without IC wizzies in vanilla EQ are little more than Mages without pets. Additionally, IC has been majorly tweaked numerous times in both Live and on emu servers. At this point its hard to know exactly what you are going to get with IC, or if its even worth playing a wiz. In order to figure this out, can you tell us:

Ice comet will do 810 max in pvp and will be very hard to resist at level 50 1010 in pve.

A. How much does IC do pve and pvp?
B. What is the mana cost and cast time? Ice comet is a special spell so it will take 400 mana.
C. Is there a -10 to the resist modifier like on l ive?

Again, I only single this spell out because it is such a contentious and unpredictable spell on every server, and there is no way to determine what you are going to get without hearing it straight up from the guy running things

4. You mentioned that Jboots were a custom quest. Are there other custom quests, and are there custom mobs and items, or is it mainly exactly like EQ circa 1999?

Jboots is the only custom quest atm. but it will be alot of time befor someone picks up a pair of these.

5. I think you mentioned that you removed all spells for the early levels that came after original EQ, (for example the lvl 44 Shaman spell Stoicism, or the lvl 37 Druid spell Ro's Firey Sundering), is this correct? Are there any plans to implement them at a later time?

We will maybe plant the later spells during the kunark era if we come to that.

6. In Live Wizards have a natural % chance to crit with thier DD spells, is this on your server as well?

Wizards will have a 2% crit chance over all classes.

XebeknSZ ---- Also, if I want to double box, will I need more than one set of CD keys for more than one account? So far based on the server overall you will be able to 2 box untill we see fit to cancel any second account.

XebeknSZ i don't know how many people this server will pick up due to the slow leveling or unless your a pvp fan.

Server specs are as follows duel pent 4 4.2 gig 500 gig harddrive 3gig ddr2 ram. 100 meg connection will handle around 1000 people but we have plans for a pve version of the server.

Any questions please reply to this thread thanks.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:21 AM
wolverine
Fire Beetle

I've got a forum set up for you if you'd like it. Total clean install, all yours. PM me.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

Thanks Klamath, you continue to impress with your willingness to take the time to answer player questions. I can't wait till 5pm tomorrow
Old 08-03-2006, 07:14 AM
klamath
Sarnak

thanks to wolverine we have a temp forum space where the files for the server will be post if ours is not up in time please goto http://laststand.wlvrn.com and make an account thanks. you can talk on there now a full list of updates will go on soon thanks.

Last edited by klamath; 08-03-2006 at 03:58 PM..
Old 08-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are still taking member applications for The Wind Below, a power-guild on The Last Stand. We are power-gamers who come from pvp backgrounds, in both Live EQ and from Guild Wars in EQ Emu. Our core members are from guilds that dominated the last two Guild Wars and we plan to dominate this server as well.

Get in now while its still easy and we have room. We are taking apps from any classes, but we are specifically looking for Druids and Enchanters.

www.thewindbelow.proboards85.com

Post an app in the Recruitment section. If you are accepted we will give you access to the members section where you can get up to speed on our leveling plans.

Dionysus
Old 08-04-2006, 06:34 AM
Rithien
Fire Beetle

Dominated? You mean zerged into the ground right
Old 08-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

Sounds like somebody was on the losing team~
Old 08-04-2006, 06:47 AM
Rithien
Fire Beetle

Losing? We fought two zerg groups in NK, when I left two hours later i had like +25 kills and no deaths, plus a nice bundle of pvp points

Double HT the enchanter and suddenly whirl + melee zerg not so ez huh

Server went down the day I finally got the beat stick though :(
I need to dig up that ss of james yelling .G HELP! just before the you have slain james message.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

Yeah... well I am not sure who you, or this James person is, but you must be talking about a different server or a different GW. Either way I am sure you did very well
Old 08-04-2006, 06:58 AM
Rithien
Fire Beetle

Weren't you on 3.0 guildwars? I remember your name.

James was in Lost Legacy
Old 08-04-2006, 08:24 AM
KB_Trader
Fire Beetle

this box sounds cool i will be playing
Closed Thread