Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:17 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Default Dev's & Others ?

Is there anyway that I can get a list of the current dev's working on the project, who is active, who used to be here but left, but had some contribution to the current state of the emu.

Reason----

I am writing a new guide for the wiki, but I am not stopping there. I am going to right a full on super guide for just about all aspects of the project. I want to give credit to everyone that has worked on this, that way everyone know just whos to blame for all the bugs..... just kidding. I like to give credit where credit is due. If this is possible, can someone point me to a place with it. I know i can get a list from sourceforge under the projects home, but what about old dev's, or anyone not listed on SF.

I currently know of

From SF
Fathernitwit
doodman
edgar1898
rogean
cofruben
scorpius2k
windcatcher

From a long time ago
scorpius2j
dev_n00b
shawn319

From DB work
dev_noob, image (GW DB)
Fathernitwit
Angelox
Cavedude

From 3rd Party
Windcatcher
GeorgeS
Kayot
Mangoo
Muuss
Malgoth78
Cisyouc
Liscadipesce

From fourms
Mattmeck

If you or someone you know belongs in this list, let me know, please, I beg of you. As you can see, some people fall under multiple catagories. I want everyone to know this also, like so and so did * part of Emu, while working on * 3rd party Tool, while scripting said quest for the new info in X DB that they add, all the while moderating said forum on said site. We have people that do this and I think everyone should know how much work goes into this with-out compensation.

A prime way to do this is too state the person that should be there, what they worked on, (DB, Emu, Minilogin, ect..). This way I know where to give the credit to instead of just saying "thanks to joe for his work." I want more like "thanks to Joe for coding in the login information for the public server."

So kinda like

Joe
Orignal EqEmu Dev
Login Server / Mini Login
Super EQ Server and DB
Forum Moderator
ect..

Thanks for everyones help with this and also for such a great project.

Eric

Last edited by techguy84; 04-18-2007 at 12:26 AM..
Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

here's some more recent coders that I know of;

KLS
WildcardX
Bleh

Also, Cavedude is now in charge of the whole PEQ database project, and has pumped "new life" into it.
You might want to visit the PEQ forums and get some history there. Don't forget Sesmar Alaharnok and his http://eqemu.sesmar.net/ site. this is probably the first place where database were public available for download (Cavedude's Installer and the EQ db.) I always said "EQ database is the grand-daddy of them all".
You can also see a lot of history in the EqEmu changelogs at http://eqemulator.net/download.php
Old 04-19-2007, 05:14 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

tcsmyworld for database work. He actually created the first database with moving mobs. Back in those days, all the grids and spawns had to be put in by hand, no automatic tools like we have now. He's also a current member of PEQ.

Before him, drawde was responsible for a lot of the very very early db work.

Here is also a list of Quest writers on PEQ (please note, these are PEQ forum handles, and not EQEmu):

1 ylosh
2 mystic414
3 Senzo
4 cavedude
5 Muuss
6 InsaneWallaby
7 Reketh
8 renoofturks
9 Kilelen
10 mrsmystic
11 demonbyte
12 Dave
13 sesmar
14 Shadestrike
15 solid11
16 attempt37
17 fathernitwit
18 darkonig
19 Romai
20 angelox

Last edited by cavedude; 04-19-2007 at 01:20 PM..
Old 04-22-2007, 01:16 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

I don't know if this is relevant, but there were some people that didn't have coding, or quest writing, or db skills, but they helped many people just lending support in setting up the emu (back when it was kinda' tricky). I don't know of names atm, but I will look up some if you think they should be mentioned also.

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 04-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84
If you or someone you know belongs in this list, let me know, please
There was a guy called Eglin who integrated Perl into the emulator.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/mem...p?userid=28489

He fell out with the devs in the end, but his contribution should be recognised.

Oh, and Merth was a Developer too, a long time ago:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/mem...p?userid=21538

Last edited by Derision; 04-23-2007 at 03:53 PM..
Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 AM
techguy84
Discordant

This is great stuff you guys. Really appricate the time everyone has taken to look this stuff up in the forums, or in their minds. Its good to have a location that shows all the people that have come, stayed or gone to this project that contributed in some way shape or form.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:38 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

• KaHn
  • wize_one
  • Derision
  • Smogo
  • Lurker_005
  • Muss
  • Drawde
  • tcsmyworld
  • Trumpcard
  • Wiz
  • mollymillions
  • Sandy
  • RangerDown
  • Edgar1898
I am sure I have missed a lot more....These are all people that have contributed to EQEmulator (IMO) a lot, whether it be just helping people, or writing code, or etc.... Sorry for not classifying them, but I honestly don't remember ALL the things these people have done off the top of my head...And most can fit into more than one category.

Edit: oops, I repeated tcsmyworld and Drawde that Cavedude already mentioned....

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ

Last edited by samandhi; 04-24-2007 at 07:52 PM..
Old 04-24-2007, 12:37 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Categories are great, but as you said, most great devs and contributers fall into multiple categories.

Feel free to mention the same people twice, its ok. "Looks for one of the admins to say something about double posting" .../sneak Just dont post the exact same thing twice.

The more names the better. I will sort through the details of finding out who did what, who was the big timers, old timers, small timers, ect..... I know most peoples places in the project, and how that helped out here and here and here. Details are left to me. I just need names, mainly from when I was gone for the past few years.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Almost forgot Scorp2k's daughter Myra... she had a kick-ass DB called (oddly enough) MyraDB... and at the time (IMO) it was the most complete and was my favorite to use....I THINK it was around 0.5.3 DR2....

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 04-24-2007, 03:45 PM
techguy84
Discordant

I remember myra's. I used it on my own server I belive. Ahhh the memories, didnt know that was Scorp's daughter though
Old 04-28-2007, 12:45 PM
theacolyte
Fire Beetle

I wrote some quests, worked on the DB a bit, I was also the first non-dev forum moderator until I vanished.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Acolyte
Sarnak

This account may be even older...

Hell, it is -- oldest active forum account award?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Code:
           ^
          /|\
         / | \
           |
           |           = OLD TIMER

=P

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 05-05-2007, 06:32 AM
LethalEncounter
Former Administrator/Developer

Your best bet would just be to grab the latest ChangeLog.txt file from the source and scroll down to the very bottom. I believe we started that in 2002 or 2003 and unless someone started a new one in the last year, it contained every change since then.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:09 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Oh wow, LE, its been a while since I have seen a post from you. Thanks for the tip.

Edit--- I know this would be kinda hard since you can call me a noob, but I went browsing through old topics and for this threads reason. I think your last post was what, mid last year or so, or maybe it was 05. Anyhow.