Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Venkmen
Fire Beetle

Default Is there a way to populate spells onto characters without having to summon or #scribe

First off let me say that I love this place. I have started running a small private server for some friends and I to use and we all love it. I guess I am looking for a way to populate a characters spell book with all spells up to there level without having to do it all by hand.

One of our favorite things to do is to make toons of lower levels and see f we can beat content beyond what we should be able to do or we all try classes we didn't normally play on live. When we make new toons I easily level everyone and have some vendors setup with different levels of gear but the spells are always a pain. I wouldn't even mind if I had to have people make toons, them log out, and then I run a quick query to fix up the toon, as long as I can shorten caster setup time.

I have looked throughout the forums but haven't quite found what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Darkonig
Hill Giant

As a GM you have special # commands available to you to enter in the chat area. You can list these commands using #help. One of the commands is to scribe all spells for your class up to the specified level. You will probably find a lot of useful commands you haven't even thought of yet just by looking over that list.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Venkmen
Fire Beetle

Hmmm...I looked at that but I didn't see that ability listed with it. Then again I was a little tanked when I started searching for that ability. It happens. =p
Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

You can do this via Perl quest ; quest::scribespells - You can set up an NPC to do this as he is hailed.

But, just so you know, all these things are part of the game; leveling, finding plat, saving plat to buy spells, weapons, etc. The more you give to youself and your players, the sooner you all will get bored and quit playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkmen View Post
First off let me say that I love this place. I have started running a small private server for some friends and I to use and we all love it. I guess I am looking for a way to populate a characters spell book with all spells up to there level without having to do it all by hand.

One of our favorite things to do is to make toons of lower levels and see f we can beat content beyond what we should be able to do or we all try classes we didn't normally play on live. When we make new toons I easily level everyone and have some vendors setup with different levels of gear but the spells are always a pain. I wouldn't even mind if I had to have people make toons, them log out, and then I run a quick query to fix up the toon, as long as I can shorten caster setup time.

I have looked throughout the forums but haven't quite found what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:10 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Quote:
But, just so you know, all these things are part of the game; leveling, finding plat, saving plat to buy spells, weapons, etc. The more you give to youself and your players, the sooner you all will get bored and quit playing.
I think that is the reason that alot of us use the nifty # features. Becuase we spent SO many years leveling, finding plat, saving plat for spells and gear that we are just a little bored of that and ready to quit the grind.

I know that was more or less a complete spin on your sentence, but thats how I feel about Everquest. After N number of toons at lvl 70, I just go so damn tired of the same thing over and over and over again. I've seen most of the areas for levels up to 70, I have killed most of the mobs up to 70, and I have camped for 24 hours straight to get that stupid rare when it was my turn finally. When I came to the EMU, I just wanted to expierment, and do things I have never done before, hence why I love the # commands. I dont abuse them, but I do use the.

#grindmode 0 [1-on|0-off]
Old 06-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Venkmen
Fire Beetle

That is exactly why I set this server up. We are just a smal group of players. There are about 10 of us total and near the end of all our Live careers we got to the point where we were going back and doing old content with a group or two at most just to see if we could do it. That is where we found fun in the game. The frustrating part was getting to a zone and not having the mob that we wanted to try up.

That is not the only thing we do. All of us have made toons from classes that did not play on live very often and are leveling them up. I cranked up the exp mod across the whole world because non of us want the grind to take forever but we are having fun leveling up. Sometimes though we just want to make a toon and get the raiding bug out of our system and if I can streamline that process it will make the experience alot more pleasant for everyone involved.

I appreciate the quick answers. I am thinking about making a quest mob that will do this but have it not autospawn in the default startup zone for all characters. This way we will have access to it but only when needed.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:36 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Yep, first you have to pick the zone you want it to be in, lets say POK as thats kind of a hub. Get it set up adn working right but dont set it to spawn with the zone. Whenever you need it, you can just use the #npcspawn [id] command and put in its npc Id and spawn it right in front of you. Not sure if that is the exact command, but its something like that. The just kill it off when your done to show your gratitude.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Venkmen
Fire Beetle

That's what I was thinking.

Oh yeah and let me say thanks to you for the server setup guide. It was invaluable to me when I was troubleshooting some of my server issues.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Quote:
Oh yeah and let me say thanks to you for the server setup guide. It was invaluable to me when I was troubleshooting some of my server issues.
Really, thanks. I am thinking about doing a server setup guide for Antrix, the WoW emulator. I dont like WoW all the much, but I am very very impressed by the antrix team and their emulator. I am also going to probably add a section for comiling the EQEmu source for those that want the latest rev.