Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Default Designing Mobs

Hey all, I'm recently looking into populating some zones for fun, and I was just curious as to how it is people have managed to make the mob's characteristics so close to live... I know people have spent alot of time and effort to get there, but let me be more specific...

When i look at creating an npc theres many fields to fill in, level, weapon designs, other various looks, but my question is more how do people know the relative hp and damage stats to use for mobs of a given level... do people sift through logs to get some random but functional number to plug into the stat, or is there a magical table somewhere showing typical scaling damage and hp of progressively higher lvl monsters etc etc...

Basically I'm just curious where people find this information, or if they really are crazy enough to just know the stats on the monsters...

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Sarepean
Discordant

The stats are collected from Live. Apparently, all the monster information is sent to the client during zone in or something like that, so, no, this information is not made up, it's actually given to us by good old Sony. =)
Old 08-12-2006, 04:15 AM
mattmeck

Actualy the numbers are made up, there is no magic list of every NPC and there stats. Server owners try to match live (or just plug in depenending on the server)
Old 08-21-2006, 02:04 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

What I do is create a copy of a similar NPC then edit the common stats.
I believe tools/commands in game are being created that will assist this process.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Zengez
Hill Giant

I know this is an ancient thread but I must ask, can anyone point me in the direction of these tools? Was thinking about tackling some npc's and making the stats a little more live-like, maybe not perfect but enough that my friends and I can at least have some fun out in PoP and whatnot without killing mobs that should have tens of thousands of hp that instead have 4k

I don't mind editing straight in the database, that's easy enough, Figured these 'tools' are more along the lines to facilitate the idea of how many hp and whatnot to give, but if I am mistaken then nevermind.

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Holy Necro, Zengez

Did you ever catch this brilliant post by GeorgeS last year?
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...27&postcount=9

It won't help making the mobs pretty, but it might give you a base start on their levels and/or HPs.