Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Chuteboxe
Fire Beetle

I have a much better question. So what?

So someone has something you don't? Has this GM Favoritism you speak of ever caused you any harm or setback as far as gameplay?

You're playing on a server with nearly everything accessible to you, lots of fun, and a great playerbase not to mention it's well maintained. What is there to complain about?

If "soandso player has something I don't and it's not fair" is the only negative thing that can be said for the server then I think the GM Team has nothing to worry about. Keep up the good work you all!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 PM
beerbong
Sarnak

Was simply stating it. Like I fucking said, not trying to start a dispute.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:24 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Well when you state something like that it tends to get people riled up.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Damilis
Hill Giant

Did you really think that by taking a single, personal experience and illogiclly blowing it up into a "GMs are unfair" statement that you WOULDN'T start a debate?

C'mon, you have GOT to be a smarter person than that.

These are personal servers, so expect to see 'favoritisms' like that. Hell, I give all kinds of great gear to my wife but not my friends. Besides, with such a low server population(relative to EQLive!), how is person X having Uber item Y affecting you in the slightest? (That is a question to be pondered, not replied to on the forums. )

..but the thread states 'Comments here' and I guess Opinions count as Comments... c'est la vie.

Last edited by Damilis; 07-26-2007 at 08:32 AM..
Old 07-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Strake
Sarnak

Okay guys, end of discussion on this. If you have a problem with me or another GM, then come and talk to us about it person to person, not publicly on the forums.

Thanks,
Dillon
Old 07-26-2007, 08:52 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Out of respect for what seems to be a pretty cool server, please abide by Strakes wishes so I don't have to lock their thread. PMs are just as effective.

Thanks,
J
Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Strake
Sarnak

Been a while since our last update, so here we go! =p

We're working on the Epic 3.0 quests now. Just have a few more mobs to spawn, make some of the bosses harder, and load all the quest files and we should be ready to go with the Druid 3.0. but so far the only quest done is the druid one. However, in time, we hope to have every class with a 3.0 quest. Of course, we're going to make all the items where you cannot summon them, so we're gonna make you work for em =p

Hope you guys enjoy it!,
Dillon

(P.S. - All credit goes to Lulriz for doing the Druid quest =p)
Old 07-27-2007, 08:14 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

This'll be a noob question; are there really Epic 3.0's? Last I played, there were 1.5 and 2.0's... which of course I would never see unless I #summoned it

I haven't been keeping up on live. The expand-o-matic dev team there keeps my head spinning.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Strake
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
This'll be a noob question; are there really Epic 3.0's? Last I played, there were 1.5 and 2.0's... which of course I would never see unless I #summoned it

I haven't been keeping up on live. The expand-o-matic dev team there keeps my head spinning.
Not on live, no. We're making each one manually :-p
Old 07-27-2007, 11:07 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strake View Post
Not on live, no. We're making each one manually :-p
Ok, now that is awesome. Nice work!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:34 PM
patyrn2k1
Fire Beetle

I've been playing on this server for a few days, it's a very laid back server, the couple of GM's I've encountered were very approchable, lot's of people running around, overall a good place to go when you just want to play around ...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:10 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

Umm...dude...the druid one is a 2.5 not a 3.0 hehe. We'll be implementing 3.0s after we get 2.5s for each class. 2.5s WILL be quite hard, 3.0s even more so. We won't have TOO many long, insane camps that are like 24 hours or something but the encounters we will hope ot make very.....interesting, to sum it up in 1 word. I just got back from vacation so I can restart work on the druid quest now once I catch up with Strake and see if he's done anything with it.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:20 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Ok before you guys flood the topic with "What happened to the server!!!???"

I took the server down for about 5 seconds to restart it...now for somereason it won't come back up. Atleast it's not showing for me, same result for anyone else? If not let me know please. I'm getting responses in the SSH tunnel with ./stop and ./start to start/stop the server but the server doesn't seem to be showing up. I'll look into it and hopefully get a fix...
Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Ok not sure what's going on right now. I'm getting responses in the tunnel whenever I do ./stop and ./start which means that the server is loading up correctly, but it doesn't seem to want to show up in the server list. Maybe it's just me (hopefully it is), if anyone else can not see the server in the serverlist post here please.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:00 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

*UPDATE*

I contacted Krusher and he said that the login server to the server is down so the server can't connect to it. The new hosting service the server has been switched to apparently hasn't been working very well. We're trying to get the server up ASAP folks.