Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 AM
saweb
Sarnak

Lets derail this thread some more :P

Ive been developing mangos and more specifically the instance system it uses almost from its start-off 1.20 days. I did some "favors" for esquire and his team, and I was given the boot. . .

-I still think hes an asshole

StAy FoCuSSed on EQ2EMU
EQ2EMU is alive!,by gods, I swear it!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:23 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by saweb View Post
Oh he is definitely an asshole. Drama queen, too. But, I love the code.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:34 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
PoFear break ins...

~gets misty eyed~

Those were some of the best times of my EQ life...
biggest rush in EQ Live: first successful Fear break in as the only enchanter on a 17 man raid (we were a small guild, avg level on the raid was 56ish). the only way we made it through break: i had a necro continuously pumping me mana while i crowd controlled the waves of zone-aggro mobs. i felt like i had played an hour of 2 on 2 basketball after the waves stopped.

i was bummed when they nerfed PoHate, that was another "cut your teeth" raid notch for guilds. once they nerfed it, people started 2-6 manning Hate and it lost its allure as "the zone we all hate, but still need for various epic quests".

== sfisque
Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

See, this is what keeps the magic of original Everquest alive for me - hearing people tell tales of their encounters and actually how >proud< they were to have accomplished something. Most don't get it, in the real world, but defeating a dev companies "strats" is a true accomplishment. Especially when SOE Dungeon Building 101 is merely CurrentHP*1000 most of the time. Oh, and zone-wide death touches.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:43 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfisque
"original PoHate" break ins.

Only chanter.
First time in hate.
Completely wiped at least 5 times (I blame the bards).
Fought off two guilds that tried to take Hate from us that night (Vallon Zek).

*sings* IT WAS THE SUMMER OF 2001... those were the best days of my life */sings*

Well, maybe not the best of my "life", but definately some of the most memorable moments of EQ. Those memories of content that required skill rather than gear and hacks are the main reason that 8 years after I originally played the game, I'm still trolling emulator boards.

I would build a goat-shrine to Xenu for just one more old school EQ raid joyride. Hell, I might even go give blood at the Red Cross if I thought it would help.

Lieka

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 08-09-2007, 05:54 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by saweb View Post
Lets derail this thread some more :P

Ive been developing mangos and more specifically the instance system it uses almost from its start-off 1.20 days. I did some "favors" for esquire and his team, and I was given the boot. . .

kewl. mind if i pick your brain for some mangos help. trying to cobble together a "classic" server for me and some family/friends and unfortunately, most of the tutorial/guides i found are either outdated or refer to tbc installs. we can discuss in PMs or maybe a side thread here in the "off topic" area.

== sfisque
Old 08-11-2007, 10:09 AM
vales
Discordant

Just use the TBC guide, it works fine.

You'd set it up the same way, but just omit the tbc=1 (set it to 0) in your realmd account table. Then you can just play classic WoW with no expansions.