Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:35 AM
rayman121985
Sarnak

Hopefully krushers server will stay non legit for a while...would love to play on one...

::rayman::
Old 08-07-2007, 05:42 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

*UPDATE*

Server is back up and running. Strake notified me of a glitch where if you skip an ID in a table the server crashes, I went back and checked an ID i had and sure enough it went from 2700036 to 2700038, changed taht to 2700037 and now the server is back up!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Ok good update here.

Druid Epic 2.5 is just about finished! I'm putting the finishing touches on a few things right now, gonna put in the stats on the 2.5 and the halfway weapon and then it should be good to go! I'll post back when its finally complete but expect to see it done by this time tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:16 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

Druid Epic 2.5 is now complete and fully functional. Look around in PoK and you'll find the person to start the quest.

*WARNING* DO NOT use the proc on the Assembled Woven Staff. I need to fix it, right now it bugs you and you're bugged until you zone.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:23 AM
shick1098
Fire Beetle

Thinking about playing this server. So i just want to get a few things straight: What is the average population of the server? If it is a very small population, then how is the soloability in the game? Is anything tweaked to address the soloability? ie. rogues can solo? And, say around lvl 50, how much experience is usually gained from a dark blue?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:28 AM
rayman121985
Sarnak

For some reason the aego buff ring seems to no work or have no stats...or is it just me?

thanks ... great server btw...it rocks...

::rayman::
Old 08-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Chuteboxe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shick1098 View Post
Thinking about playing this server. So i just want to get a few things straight: What is the average population of the server? If it is a very small population, then how is the soloability in the game? Is anything tweaked to address the soloability? ie. rogues can solo? And, say around lvl 50, how much experience is usually gained from a dark blue?
The server is very solo friendly. The XP is approx. 5x the amount of live. The Population fluctuates but is between 6-15 players at a time. However i'm willing bet that once the new content is finished (new content loot is not summonable like the rest) the numbers will rise.

I have solo'ed a Rogue, Monk, Warrior, Ranger, Mage, and Wizard to 75 with no major problems. The players are very friendly and always willing to help, also the GMs are very approachable.

The new 70+ encounters are coming along great so now would be the time to start playing (as i'm not sure if they still plan on kicking down the XP.)

Shaolin the Shadow Boxer - 75 Monk
Nerve Wracking, Assassin of Quellious - 75 Rogue
Poop Stain - 75 Ranger
Fatt Azz AKA Big Baby Jesus - 75 Warrior
Spirit of Truth - 75 Mage
Crack Head - 75 Wizard
<Wu Tang Clan> Guildleader
Old 08-10-2007, 06:23 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Yea, we may kick down the exp a little bit more. And I'm going to start work on 3 more 70+ encounters very soon. Expect to have more fun in potime A No ETA yet on when they will all be done, but hopefully in the next month. Only reason it would take me a month to make them is they will probably be pretty complicated encounters. Not giving out any hints yet, but think Oartok the Deranged, except maybe bigger.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:31 AM
brybear22
Fire Beetle

testing to see if im activated
Old 08-11-2007, 03:56 AM
mcmetal
Fire Beetle

are tomes working?

also augs?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:55 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Not at the moment no. Augs *should* be soon.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:36 AM
Chuteboxe
Fire Beetle

Rogue 2.5 is in the works at the moment as well as another rather involved quest for all classes.

Also be on the lookout for upcoming Zone Revamps.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:26 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

I'll post updates here regularly from here on out whenever I got new updates to announce and the status of certain things that we're working on;

New Content:
Druid Epic 2.5
Oartok the Deranged

Content currently in the works:
Custom armor for all classes that will be quested for and killed for
Rogue 2.5
Salden the High/An Enchanted Griffin encounter in potimeA
Revamping Crushbone to turn it into a high level raid zone with fast paced action

Content to be added at a later date:
Epic 2.5 for the remaining classes (way, way down the road)
2 more encounters in PoTimeA and a *special* encounter there that the players will have to discover how to activate
More zones being revamped for levels 65+
Old 08-14-2007, 08:30 PM
qwertyo
Fire Beetle

To respond to making experience slower, that might be a good thing as it would give some sense of achievement to being 75 as anyone who has a few hours to kill can make it to 75 even if they haven't played EQ for years. I like running through guk and mistmoore and other old mid level zones and I find myself constantly making new characters so I can run through those zones again. However, those characters all level up to 75 so quickly that I never get my fill. Still, the fact remains that grinding xp isn't fun and it'd be best if there was some balance between xp being slow enough so that you aren't level 50 within 30 minutes of making a character, but you also weren't left grinding out AA's in potimea. I think mobs can be set to give AA when they are killed from an early Oarlok test, so perhaps revamping a zone so that mobs give increased AA only xp would solve that issue. I'm not completely sure if you can differentiate between AA and regular xp, however, but the finer details I'll leave to the GMs and developers. On the list of things in the works I saw revamping crushbone, that sort of worries me because I love crushbone, but if the mobs were leveled up and I could get my 75s some AA camping a reasonably difficult D'Vinn I'd enjoy that much more than tearing the zone apart as a level 6 with 4k hp and a mage epic pet.

I've also heard talk about nerfing or taking away the sword of truth, and I think thats a good idea. The sword is overpowered and it unbalances DPS. It'd be nice to not see monks or casters running around with gigantic black swords. Some people might complain, but like the prayers nerf it will lead to better class balance when taking down big mobs, which is what the new content is being developed for anyways.

Just some input, besides that, the server is great and I look forward to seeing the new developments in the near future so keep up the good work.

Regards,
Animosity / Cleric / Wraa / Vizage / every character in
<Pantheon>
Old 08-15-2007, 06:11 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Aye, thats what we're aiming for. And about the CB revamp. It's gonna be meant for a raid of probably 5-6 high 70s players, and we'll add in custom items eventually aswell to the zone.