Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Docs
Sarnak

Default Question about characters

I would like a copy of my orginal (years ago) toons?

What would i need to copy them to be used. I have all my old character files as far as i know, or is this database related.

Without going into details or creating forum rule issues. I want a toon i remember in my head to be played now?

Yes i could summon all the items, summon all the skills, etc... but i was thinking of also making my toons up and having them there if i cared to play the old school toons.

Suggestions?
Old 09-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Theeper
Discordant

You mean you want to recreate your characters from an emu years ago, or from Live ?

If you have your character_ and inventory tables from your emu server, you can export them and load them into your new emu, but I'd check for structure changes in those tables. Also, unless it's the same DB, you would want to make sure the item ID's in the inventory table are correct.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Docs
Sarnak

I was trying to find a way to save my old Live character files and bring them forth.

However now i feel like a jerk for even asking these questions. Apparently angelox knows how to make people feel like an ass.

Yes, you apparently can make your own login server. I was going to post a responce to the loginserver, but it appears he closed the thread.

So asking if we can yet make our own, seems to be a no for us but yes for the developers.

Quote:
the PEQuest server will utilize its own custom loginserver
So if thats the case? i guess i dont know what i am talking about, and will move on from that.

Thank you for posting a suggestion, I will look into it.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Revilor
Fire Beetle

Here is what you can do docs. Use Techguy's guide to create your own server. This guide can be found in the wiki I believe. Once you have your server up and running just log onto it and make a toon. After your toon is made just summon the gear you have from live and what current level you were at and viola you have your old live character on your very own server.

*edit* Also you can look for one of Techguy's posts and just get the server set up guide off his sig link.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:10 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Also, my eqitems editor will import magelo characters. Look up my site for the files. BTS these will not run without a MySQL server.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-17-2007, 04:37 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Just so you know Doc, the loginserver we are Using over at PEQuest is NOT the same as the one they are using here for EqEmu.
I created our own loginserver from some ancient code I've had around since 2000-2001 or so, and had to modify it extensively to get it to work with the version of Classic style EQ we are using.
So, as far as just the devs having access to the loginserver code, that hasn't changed.
I just found my own way to get our client of choice to log into an emulated server.
I'm sure Angelox didn't mean to belittle anyone, he's actually a decent guy, give him a chance
Old 09-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Docs
Sarnak

Quote:
Also, my eqitems editor will import magelo characters
Downloaded those, didnt realize your tools actually did that.

Thanks you solved the whole problem right there. I can use the magelo character thing to import. I thought it was just a webpage creator, that was it.

I downloaded all your tools over a week ago. You had pretty much everything someone needed. Good job
Old 09-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Docs
Sarnak

EDIT;
Leave this topic alone already.
Angelox

Last edited by Angelox; 09-18-2007 at 04:03 PM..