Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 11-15-2007, 01:48 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Default Charmed pets and Invis issues

I didn't see this in the forums anywhere, if it is I apologize:

-I am wondering if it possible to get charmed pets to be displayed in the actual pet window.
-Also I know some invis work has been done, but invis. vs undead is actually making you invisible to almost everything.
- Last but not least, is there a way to implement a charm break when you self cast invisibility?

Thanks!

TESS Server Guide/Developer
Mardigan/Spectre
Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Also I know some invis work has been done, but invis. vs undead is actually making you invisible to almost everything.
This one is a database issue. There's a field in the npc_types table that specified if a mob can see_invis_undead. I can't speak to the current builds of PEQ, but I know my old AX db had them all set to 0 (which means that no mob can see you if you have IVU on).

I'm sure there's an elegant way to fix this, but I just went through the race list, picked out all the undead races (like skeletons, ghouls, and zombies, etc) and wrote a query to:
UPDATE npc_types SET see_invis_undead = 1 WHERE race = 'blah' || race = 'blah2' || etc, etc.;

I'm not going to go through and pull all those RaceIDs again, but that's how I handled it.

As far as invis breaking charm, I could look into that one. Currently, invis doesn't kill your normal pet either, so I'll see about getting those two addressed.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 11-15-2007, 07:20 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Best way is to simply do this:

Code:
update npc_types set see_invis = 1, see_invis_undead = 0, see_hide = 1 where bodytype = 3;
This has already been done on PEQ, with only 39 exceptions due to being a boss/raid encounter/special NPC.

The other two are known code issues, I'm sure they will be fixed eventually.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Unknownforce
Fire Beetle

Actually, on live they made it so that your SUMMONED pet doesn't die when you become invis a while ago. How long? I'm not sure, but, unless I've not been keeping up to speed on current events here (which I haven't), we're working towards anniversary edition support, and it was implemented far before anniversary edition, I want to say it was in/around OoW time-frame.

So the not killing summoned pets when invising thing is working normally.

But charming + invis = no more charming on live, so that does need to be addressed. But I'm sure it's not a high priority
Old 01-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Unknownforce
Fire Beetle

hmmm, 5 minute edit limit, doesn't leave a lot of time to make those "oh yea" edits...

Anyways... Here's what i was gonna add...

I do wish the pet window for charmed pets worked... I've noticed that for some reason they aren't getting updated as pets normally, like even to the group the charmer doesn't appear to have a pet. BUT, if you zone out and back in on another character they DO have a pet on the "re-zoned" group members screen. Then if the charm breaks the group window still shows the charmer as having a pet... it's kinda weird. So it does get flagged as a pet, but it just doesn't update the zone about it in the correct fashion.

Makes targeting interesting when killing in a group with a charmed pet :P
Old 01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
KingMort
Banned

I wouldn't even alow charm , otherwise your just asking for charmed pet Exploits to duplicate items.....

Something I have said in the #support channel for more than 8 months but no one has fixed..