Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:21 AM
beeger20
Fire Beetle

Default new item source

has anyone sourced the whole list of 13floor items cause for some reason when i do it it just freezes navicat if someone could load the sq item files i would be grateful.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:23 AM
beeger20
Fire Beetle

ok everytime i download the item list from 13th floor then i try and import it into my db navicat freezes and i have to close it ou can anyone help please.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:10 AM
narcberry
Sarnak

Try doing it manually at an sql command prompt, that way if it hangs you will likely have some helpful message prior.

Also, loading that data can take a long time depending on your hardware, your definition of long, or how many times your OS chooses to redundantly load resources that are unrelated to the task at hand (all praise the mighty Bill and his mystery code of old). Are you sure it is hanging and not just taking a while?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:55 AM
beeger20
Fire Beetle

how would i source that into a comand promt and my system is

windows xp

profesional x64 edition

version 2003

service pack 2

intel(R) Celeron(r) D CPU

3.06GHz

3.07 GHz, 4.00 GB of Ram

and it hangs for well i waited 2 hours and nothing and my computer is fast
Old 12-31-2007, 10:13 AM
narcberry
Sarnak

I'm unsure on windows, but It would probably be something like:

Code:
c:> mysql

mysql> source items.sql
I'd check your database documentation for how-to's and what-not's. Or their online forum.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Diuretic
Sarnak

All, tread carefully here.

If I understand correctly, the 13th floor downloads shouldn't be directly sourced into the items table. It requires some specific manipulations to work with EQEmu, though I don't recall what those were...something about columns being added, redefined, or used for other purposes somewhere along the way.

In any case, search here for threads on this. There were at least 2 seasoned world builders who've done it. But both agreed over a beer that it wasn't easy or automatic.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
wraithlord98
Sarnak

I have sourced in the latest EQItems dump. The problem is that their schema doesn't match 100% with how it's setup for the emulator; that aside - there aren't any major complications to worry about IF you're familiar with working with SQL dbases. Essentially what will happen is that the emulator will ignore the fields it doesn't recognize/use - all the other fields still match allowing the dump to be useable.

Where you will run into problems however, is that by sourcing in the latest item dump, you will be put well over the 100000 item dbase limitation - which will force you to recompile to overcome that limit. Otherwise what will happen is that the emulator will not load the item table.