Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:26 PM
ven-elexver
Banned

Default PVP Tomb of Discoed server now open

server is working its a pvp server with out a level setting so it like the old eq you can pk from lvl 1 -75 pok ans planes are working so are all class and race's loot 1 item and all coin from the dead i could use some info on how to get the server to feed as many players that it can im doing it from my home pc for now with 5mb cable connection would like to beable to handle more players but come take a look
Old 12-31-2007, 07:16 AM
Theeper
Discordant

whether you're a mother, or whether you're a brother ..
you're staying alive, staying alive
ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh .. staying alive ..
Old 01-02-2008, 01:37 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

Well i have been working on the server and seen that it was acting slower than the first time i installed mysql and Eqemu so i removed all and reinstalled the server peq DB and all looks to be working faster now The server is up you can log in and play around i did lose the accounts that was made on the first server but the highest level was 2 so it was not worth backing up The pvp is working good you can loot the player coin and 1 item As for now you may not bind in POK that way if you die you will go to a city you are bound at. I may change this later on All class / race's are working All Zone's POK and Planes are working
I will be moving the server to a better PC soon I am building a server PC and looking in to a higher band server is on cable 5 MB for now may try for 10mb about all i can get from charter If any one has knowledge of getting faster speeds on a server let me know i would like to serve as many as my pc will let i may rent a server not sure yet i am building a little one first 2Gb processor 1Gb Ram and the 5 MB cable band not sure how it will do but sounds a little weak i hope to change the hard drive over so i will not have to redo the server so down time should be short So feel free to check it out server may be slow right now on a 1.2GB 380Mb ram server so Give it Time
Old 01-02-2008, 04:39 AM
jimbabwe
Hill Giant

good god man. Punctuation is your friend!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 PM
boogerific
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbabwe View Post
good god man. Punctuation is your friend!
It must be a love-hate relationship. I always wonder how good a coder/programmer a person could be, paying so little attention to the quality of what they write.