Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Furinex
Hill Giant

Default Apply Poison

I know this is my 3rd thread in like 3 days, but This really sucks. a buddy of mine has been having a pretty bad problem with apply poison. He can make poisons and get the created item... but when he right clicks the poison to apply it, it says "applying poison" sits him down, and then does nothing for a long while. After our patients runs out, we stand up and then we cant do anything, click items, sit down, attack, all we can do is run around and not be useful. Is apply poison broken or is there something I can do to change this?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:32 AM
So_1337
Dragon

The only poison for rogues that I know can be used properly is the one that is summoned from Stanos' Wicked Leggings, the ornate rogue legs. Past that, it's broken, and is low on the priority list.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Furinex
Hill Giant

Is it a database issue or is it somthing more complicated?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:52 AM
So_1337
Dragon

It's an issue that has to do with the op_codes, which is what breaks a lot of the functionality of the current emulator. Apply poison, the Bazaar, and a bunch of others. Slowly but surely being corrected, though. All in time
Old 03-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Knightly
Accomplished Programmer

On Live, weren't poisons eventually changed so that apply poison wasn't used? I seem to remember that poisons were changed to be just like potions.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:20 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

i never played a rogue on live
but logicly speaking

apply poison is the same as having a potion or item with clicky effect and charges that gives you proc buff
Old 03-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Furinex
Hill Giant

Well... Wouldnt it be possible (i mean at least for a temp fix) to make apply poisons a potion effect with one of the current op codes we have for potions? just modify it slightly?
Old 03-16-2008, 03:58 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

thats up to an actual server admin rather than to project devs

all that needs to be done a rogue only useable potion which gives proc buff
Old 03-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Knightly
Accomplished Programmer

Rogue was my main for a long time on live. Apply poison was originally of the "Sit down, apply, and it will fire on the next swing" type. But that also made it fairly useless in chain pull scenarios. Was nice for dueling though.

At any rate, I think it was later changed to be a buff that sits on the rogue and acts to add a proc. Any of those items are probably already in the database and I doubt anything would need to be changed to make it work besides allowing the rogue to get a hold of an the item.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:41 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Right, the "apply as a buff that produces a proc" works, and can be seen in the ornate rogue leggings. It summons an item that can be used to apply the buff. The tradeskill-made poisons, however, work in the way you describe, Knightly, and those are the ones that seem to have missing op_codes and produce the 'bugged' state.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Furinex
Hill Giant

So... basically I'd have to go through the database and change each Rogue poison (Tradeskill ones) to act as a potion instead of an applicable poison?