Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

Default Sorry for old news but: Nektulos Forest

Well, I already have done a search and found lots of topics for this one. But I'm still in a bit of a delema. I'm running my own server and I as well as those helping me beta test it found that when we zoned into Nektulos Forest, we zoned under the world. Even the safe coordinates weren't correct.

Ok, so old news so far right? And yes, I do know the fix, but this topic is actually for server side. Oh, and I'm using the newest version of the PEQ database but of course modifying it until it resembles something of another game lol. This would basically be the reason why I didn't post this on the peq sub-forum.

Well, actually before even searching for a help topic, I went into the Database and started changing the POK book location, the zone line locations, the zone to locations and pretty much fixed it. Then during the server restart process, I came here just to see what people had to say.

Well first, let's see if I got this right:

1. Anyone who installs EverQuest Titanium will install the new .egwhatever it is nektulos file.

2. Those that wish to play on the peq servers have to change their nektulos to the older version.

Assuming those two things are correct. Does that mean who ever installs a fresh copy of EQ Titanium will be able to play on my server with the updated coordinates without having to change any files on their computer?

In addition, what percentage of the gaming population has changed to the old version of the nektulos forest? I mean how many people will connect to my server and then fall to their death?

And most importantly here, what other zones, if any, have this similar problem?

What I'm after in the end is the most modified server possible using a version of the emulation, and database that will allow a client that has just installed a fresh copy of the game, to play and take full advantage of everything the server has to offer.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

And that's what I get for not testing anything and just assuming.

No nothing that I did to the database works. It's just as f-ed up as ever. Maybe the POK stone but once you go in, you ain't coming out. I'm gonna go test that now, if that's messed up then perhaps I really do need more help then just advice :P
Old 03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

Ok so I checked out the POK zone in and I spawn under the spot that I set it to in the database. I'm not sure why though, I used the #bestz command on a toon to get the coordinates that I wanted. Perhaps they are incorrect, or did I just somehow type them all wrong. Perhaps I edited the wrong table/columns in the database. Oh GOD if I edited the wrong rows, but I don't think that happened.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:35 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

as far as I know, the PEQ DB devs have officialy rulled that new nektulos is unfixable at this time and it is prety much "official" advice to replace Nectulus with OLD version.

I have not yet seen ANY server announce that they suporting NEW version, so you can safely assume 99% of people here will be running OLD version of the zone
Old 03-20-2008, 05:06 AM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

I don't see why they say it's unfixable. What makes it so? As far as I know, everything can be done in the DB to allow it to be playable. If I am wrong, I'll be more then happy to change over to the old nektulos. Even though I'd have to look the sql scripts for peq to get the cordinates back.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:19 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

well its not like it is dead unfixable, it just new nektulus is part of DoD expansion and in devs book, they going from expansion to expansion in order of release. They currently working to complite GoD, then OoW, then DoN, and then they will finaly arrive of DoD.
Or atleast this is my understanding of how they are working.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

I feel that it just seems a lot easier to make it so that the emulation community does not have to modify their client version of titanium. It seems so much easier just to set it up to work with the new nektulos. I realize it's part of the new expansion, but you know, you can make it so the old quests still work in the new zone, it just seems to much easier to me.

However, I do see that I'm spawning under the world on a lot of the servers. This just might prove your point though. Anyone know what AngeloX uses on his server?

The problem is that like I said earlier, I already changed my database. So if somene could get the the following information that would be great:

PEQ Database

I need the vaules for the following rows:
Code:
SELECT id, y, x, z, target_y, target_x, target_z FROM zone_points z WHERE zone="nektulos" AND target_zone_id<'100';
I need the vaules for this row as well
Code:
SELECT id, pos_x, pos_y, pos_z FROM doors d WHERE dest_zone="poknowledge" AND zone="nektulos";
I also need the values of this row:
Code:
SELECT id, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z FROM doors d WHERE dest_zone="nektulos";
If the sql query line above does not work, then try these lines
Code:
SELECT id, y, x, z, target_y, target_x, target_z FROM zone_points z WHERE zone="nektulos" AND target_zone_id<'100';
Code:
SELECT id, pos_x, pos_y, pos_z FROM doors d WHERE dest_zone="poknowledge" AND zone="nektulos";
Code:
SELECT id, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z FROM doors d WHERE dest_zone="nektulos";
If someone running the updated peq database could just give the those vaules, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

We don't have a decent log for the spawns of Nektulos 2.0, plus the zone itself sucks. It's way too small, that's why Sony created Nektulos 3.0 which our client does not support. Because of that, even if we did have a log, we'd still probably use the old version anyway.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
We don't have a decent log for the spawns of Nektulos 2.0, plus the zone itself sucks. It's way too small, that's why Sony created Nektulos 3.0 which our client does not support. Because of that, even if we did have a log, we'd still probably use the old version anyway.
Ahh ok, well that sums it up pretty well, I hate to make people change their zone files but I guess you can't win every battle.

However, I still need those coordinates from those sql queries I first posted :*(

I mean if the community was split on which version it used, I would probably go with the Nektulos 2.0 just because people wouldn't have to modify their game. Those who have, would already know how to change it back. I would of course redo the zone since my server is Custom so that wouldn't be a problem.

I don't know, I'm really split on which to use. I realize a bigger Nektulos zone would be nice, but I kinda liked the new Nektulos 2.0 look. Reminded me of Age of Empires II, Black Forest Random Map :P

I have a feeling the only people that would respond to this post regarding the zone would be those that are active members of the forums and probably those that have changed their file. I don't feel there is good way of getting a correct count...

Now I'm thinking about using Nektulos 2.0 again..

It's nice to actually call it by it's name Nektulos 2.0 :P
Old 03-20-2008, 09:59 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Code:
1444	0	0	0	53	154	28
1445	0	0	0	1549	627	-20
1446	0	0	0	81.43	-10.38	-54.94
Code:
12283	-185.86	710.63	-38.4
Code:
2057	-345.42	733.98	-5.57
I hope this is what you are looking for?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

Those look about what they were before, thanks

Now I have to decide if I want to use them, or continue using hte Nek 2.0 :\
Old 04-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

Ok, again sorry for brining old news yet again.

Let's say you change the database zone lines, pok book, and npcs for Nektulos 2.0. Does that mean the zone is unplayable. One of my interns informed me that the server still will not allow casting, shooting arrows etc.

If this is true, what does the server and/or database require to effectively know how to move mobs around and allow players to cast on npcs or players (aka: your target is not visible)
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 PM
loglos
Sarnak

I believe that is the error you get if you don't have server side map files.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:07 AM
wolfeedarkfang
Fire Beetle

Considering Nektulos 2.0 was only a temporary zone before they revamped it again, i don't see it necessary to work with. Why bother editing your database to reflect the zone, if your just going to have to do it again for Nektulos 3.0 someday (possible soon).

I personally think Nek 2.0 was crap. It looked like someone butchered the forest with a giant hair trimmer. The trees it DID have looked like backdrops from a low budget Hollywood film. Only it lacked the fog machines. Nek 3.0 would be what I'd go for, but since it isn't compatible with the titanium client we have to wait on that.