Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 04-01-2008, 03:16 AM
slowglass
Fire Beetle

I look forward to watching this project progress.
I will be keeping my eye out for ideas to steal for the Almanac, that I will try to keep up todate.

I hope that we can both feed off each other and end up with two useful but different solutions.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:35 AM
fault
Hill Giant

meh cygwin gayed up on me, isnt installing perl right.

If you run parse-quests.pl to parse each quest 1by1 it works. That as you know is time consuming =/ the sh <-> .bat Progress is lamed up on my end. Kinda wish cygwin had decent perl support.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:46 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulle View Post
As promised (even if somewhat late, the latest week-ends have been busy) here is my updated version of EQBrowser, featuring quite a few improvements, and potentially a few things I have broken. As I plan to maintain/support this tool for the time being your bug reports/remarks are welcome.
I was playing around with this for an hour and so far so good, I tested every function I could and nothing seems broken at all The links are a very nice addition. The only things I was sad not to see was a link to the editor for tradeskill combines, and a link to Lucy for the spells. Other than that perfect so far! Thank you.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

This is good news. The reason I did not put icons on spells and tradeskill is simple : I did not touch those pages at all, I was mostly concerned with NPCs, factions and items for a reason you will discover soon (I have a tool in the making for quest "configuration"). I can certainly put that on the wish-list for when I look at the other pages.

I wish I could have put links to other sites as well, like Allakhazam (eh), but the item numbers do not match for example (same applies to NPCs etc). Implementing that would require a mapping table, which would be nice to have, but a tad complicated to build even with some kind of robot.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulle View Post
This is good news. The reason I did not put icons on spells and tradeskill is simple : I did not touch those pages at all, I was mostly concerned with NPCs, factions and items for a reason you will discover soon (I have a tool in the making for quest "configuration"). I can certainly put that on the wish-list for when I look at the other pages.
That makes sense, not a big deal really I just felt the tradeskill and spell links would add a bit of completeness. Since spell IDs never change like items do, linking to Lucy wouldn't be a problem. The new tool sounds intriguing... Would it be used to help Allah-ize our quests in eqbrowser?

Quote:
I wish I could have put links to other sites as well, like Allakhazam (eh), but the item numbers do not match for example (same applies to NPCs etc). Implementing that would require a mapping table, which would be nice to have, but a tad complicated to build even with some kind of robot.
Allah and Lucy are one in the same, so there really isn't a need to link to Allah for items, since you already have them linked to Lucy. For everything else, oh yeah I thought of that. I once tried to download Allah... 3 days and 12GB later it still wasn't done so I gave up. The site is a massive bird nest of IDs. Linking NPCs and the like would be so difficult it would become impractical, so I wouldn't even worry about it.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

To put it short, despite me hating writing Perl for its syntax I am very quest-oriented. The fact is that the full power of Perl is rarely needed and I wanted to "specify" quests more visually and more concisely, at least for the 90% of the quests that do not really require complex processing (fetch, go talk to a guy, deliver an item, this sort of thing). As you can certainly understand, it is not meant to replace Perl as the "assembly" language of quests, but provide a simpler of writing basic quests.

I settled on the idea of writing quests as Wiki pages, with paragraphs for quest chapters, and visual clues about what you do (hand-in items, receive XP etc). Once the quest is written using pre-defined Macros (Templates) you fire up a parser that reads all that (Mediawiki export) and generates the Perl code. You are limited to the primitives provided but it is enough to write quite a few things.

I have completed the first draft of the parser and I will start a new thread about it soon. I just need to complete re-installing the EQEmu servers on my Linux box (sorting my mess if you prefer) and test it on a proper environment. The parser is written in Java for perfo^H^H^H^H^H ease of writing/debugging/prototyping
Old 04-02-2008, 02:38 PM
fault
Hill Giant

woul dit be possible to add a character/account management system to it? I added a minilogin reg script. and Cavedudes sexy char mover to it. I'd like to see something where users can login to it, maybe change things about their toons/options as well as a forum login/system or integration with ipb/vb

all in al VERY nice update bulle.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

It is probably a question of point of view, but I would be happy to keep EQBrowser a "read-only" tool, at least regarding to the regular EQEmu DB tables used by the game. And if additional tables created just for the purpose of the browser get corrupted and have/can be reloaded without any harm , so much the better. In fact I run EQBrowser with a special MySQL user that has read-only access to all my EQEmu databases (I do not use the quest thingy at the moment).

I think it is very much possible to keep EQBrowser faithful to its name, a browser. We can complicate it as much as needed to handle more specific "requests", but keep it a browser and a portal to other places (PEQ Editor, Lucy, whatever else). The EQEmu database Google in a way.

Thanks to the Web philosophy, you can have a tool dedicated to searching and other tool(s) for doing more involved tasks. This is the reason I linked NPC pages to their Edit counterpart in PEQ Editor : use the power of the web, and delegate to much-better written, to the point tools. It is the opposite of monolithic applications and the reason that I like web apps, and that I dislike Web 2.0 in a way : because you tend to lose the power of the "link" in Web 2.0. You get one URL for your home page and that's it.

To answer your post now, having EQBrowser display info about players, their inventory etc why not. Having it display a player list or a list of characters who have so-and-so items, and forward you to a Magelo clone, even better. Having another icon send you to an Edit page on the web app you are going to write and passing it the character/PC info (ID), sure.

Just a sound sharing of responsibility : you take care of the editing, EQBrowser takes care of the searching, and we know how to interface both (and the many new unsuspected other apps people can write) cleanly. That way you can be the master of your hill, and share it with the others through well-known, SECURE, interfaces.

If I could give an advice to web developers around here, it would be : provide as much functionality as you can through direct links (with parameters). Think of each of your application pages as a whole, that can be accessed individually and provides a clear service. Avoid forcing people to "click-click" through many wizard-like pages to do what they want. It is good for advert-sponsored pages, but not for charitable utilities. This is the spirit of the web after all, how it started at least.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:59 AM
Bulle
Hill Giant

First bug I found : due to a typo in a variable name several fields are ignored by the Item search (Class, Race...). I have fixed it, will be in next version.

I definitely broke some stuff
Old 04-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Muuss
Dragon

I can't wait to test that new version !
Old 04-13-2008, 03:24 AM
Bulle
Hill Giant

For those using EQBrowser, if you want to make it publicly usable for your DB you might want to setup a special user for it. The reason is that EQBrowser in its current state is almost certainly susceptible to script injection (nothing coming from the client is escaped properly). Until this can be fixed in the PHP you can make sure EQBrowser can only have read-access to your tables, and that it is prevented access to a couple sensitive fields (password, ls_account and minilogin_ip in the account table).

Here is how I have defined my eqemuview user. You will want to replace the user-name, password and database name (here peqref) by your own :

Code:
create user 'eqemuview'@'%' identified by 'ZZZ';

grant select on peqref.aa_actions to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.aa_effects to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.aa_timers to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.altadv_vars to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.books to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.botinventory to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.botleader to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.botsowners to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.character_ to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.character_backup to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.class_skill to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.commands to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.doors to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.eqbnews to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.eventlog to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.faction_list to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.faction_values to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.fear_hints to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.fishing to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.forage to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.graveyard to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.grid to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.grid_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.ground_spawns to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.guild_members to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.guild_ranks to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.guild_relations to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.guilds to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.hackers to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.inventory to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.items to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.launcher to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.launcher_zones to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.lootdrop to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.lootdrop_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.loottable to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.loottable_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.merchantlist to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.merchantlist_temp to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.name_filter to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_faction to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_faction_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_spells to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_spells_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_types to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_types_metadata to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.object to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.object_contents to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.peq_admin to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.petitions to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.pets to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.player_corpses to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.player_corpses_backup to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.quest_globals to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.races to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.rule_sets to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.rule_values to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.sharedbank to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.skill_caps to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawn2 to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawn_conditions to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawn_events to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawnentry to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawngroup to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spells to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.start_zones to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.starting_items to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.timers to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.tradeskill_recipe to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.tradeskill_recipe_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.traps to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.tribute_levels to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.tributes to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.variables to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.warehouse to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone_flags to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone_points to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone_server to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone_state_dump to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zoneserver_auth to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select (id, name, charname, sharedplat, status, gmspeed, revoked, hideme, rulesflag) on peqref.account to 'eqemuview'@'%';
That's a lot of grants, but to prevent access to a part of the account table you have to grant the privileges on a table per table basis. This is how SQL works.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:32 PM
bdrumm
Fire Beetle

Default umm?

The Downloads Dont work.. Wtf.... Please send me a PM on here. and if you could send me a Instant message over Windows Live Messenger.. Im always on there..

~bdrumm~
Old 04-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

This link still works : http://dl.free.fr/jRrH6ILnp/eqbrowser-0.6.0.7z
Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Muuss
Dragon

in quests/quest.pm, change sub ChooseRandom to :

Code:
sub ChooseRandom {
  my $item=0;
  foreach $item (@_) { main::add_received($item); }
  return $_[int(rand($#_)+1)];
}
This will add all the items returned by ChooseRandom to the database.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Koshoji
Sarnak

Not to complain or anything , but the links to the latest EQbrowser lead to a French website which I do not understand at all. From what I can tell it is an antivirus site? lol. Anyway I've clicked all over and filled out forms hoping the next page would be to the actual download but I'm not seeing it. Is there a direct link somewhere that will automatically start the download when I click the link?

I loved the previous versions of the EQ browser very much and, recently returning to the boards here I'm stoked to find out about all of the recent updates!

Thanks,
Koshoji