Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Faza
Sarnak

Default some random newbie questions

hi all,

i was hoping to learn where to look to edit the following things (i've got the server set up and will be getting the client later on today):

-setting all items to not be nodrop
-setting all characters to be pvp
-setting all characters to be /anon
-setting character skills to a certain amount by default or on the fly (fishing:200 for any character that's created on my server)

is it possible (running just up to velious, so i guess within the velious interface) to allow maybe 20 spell gems instead of 8? or to simply allow more than 1 of the spell gem rows?

i understand the OpenSpell program is what to use to edit spell files, i'll probably have to post back to ask for help

(what's the difference between self-based AOE and point blank AOE? wouldn't they be the same blue-background spell?)

i saw something about making custom zones ... where's a resource on doing that? say i wanted to copy emperor crush's castle in crushbone to the middle of the commonlands to have it be the home base for my group , does that require any special skill or anything? how long would that take to do?

what's the simplest way to allow any race to be any class? i could see giving everyone permanent illusion, or an endless supply of illusion charges built into an item, but is there a way to just unlock it?

where can i get a list of the GM commands? can NPCs be given GM commands, like having a "town registry" npc change your last name when you tell him to?

is this ten thousand times more addicting than everquest itself ever was? haha

thanks in advance, all =)

Faza 75 Enchanter
Fennin Ro (RETIRED)
Old 04-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Faza
Sarnak

also, where is the rez timer? is that a server setting or part of the spell? i want to shorten the amount of time a corpse can be rez'd to just 9 minutes
Old 04-10-2008, 09:11 AM
corvanus
Banned

well you can disable the nodrop in the variables table of your database

same for pvp

the other questions i gotta look into
Old 04-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Faza
Sarnak

i found that the list of GM commands does many things i didn't think GM's were capable of doing, like locking the server and changing nodrop flags

the GM commands (here on the wiki) let me do everything i asked about except the world building bit, and there's a whole other forum on that

thanks (nevermind) all!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Faza
Sarnak

still looking for a good kunark or velious interface - either one, so long as it's as close as possible to authentic

i was going to try to install the original velious expansion in a new directory and then find the files necessary -- anyone want to chime in and tell me that's impossible?

doesn't really matter, i can't find a solution to my issue in the other thread - can't move or walk around ingame
Old 04-10-2008, 08:42 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
-setting all items to not be nodrop
well this one is simple one:

update items set nodrop=1 ;
Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Faza
Sarnak

right, thank you, i did learn strangely that in-game GM commands could do that

the part where i have no gravity and thus can't move (because i can't make contact with the world) is the thing that's totally driving me bananas
Old 04-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Faza
Sarnak

i got on IRC and was advised to switch from the angelox db over to PEQ's db and PEQ's quests (and PEQ's maps)

and did so, and everything seems perfect and stock and lovely - i will now begin customizing ^_^

woot!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Faza
Sarnak

hey sorry, i couldn't find anything searching the boards and am not home to look through my tables:

how do i lock off zones? i want to be original/kunark/velious only =)

imagine it's a quick fix, thanks =)
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 AM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

In your "zone" table in your database, change the collum "min_status" to "250" for any zone you don't want others to access. this will make it to where they have to have full server op abilities to enter it which no one gets except for your first account made on the server and anyone else you set to it after that.