Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Sicpric
Fire Beetle

Default CKE PVE EQ CLASSIC server...

Its been down all day long, anyone know whats going on with it and why its down?

-Thorn/Szadek
Old 05-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Tantalar
Sarnak

Yeah, I think I know what happened. He probably got a huge virus from eqclassic.org
Old 05-28-2008, 01:40 AM
Sicpric
Fire Beetle

That or Jenco forgot to pay his bills. I need my fix, i hope its up by tomorrow morning heh.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:02 AM
nilbog
Hill Giant

help us jenco!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 AM
tryfaen
Fire Beetle

It's disapointing that the server is down with no word from jenco, this server is very nice with a friendly community and jenco works hard to fix problems.
I will miss it if its gone.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Manix25
Sarnak

Every server I join kicks the bucket.Hopefully not this time,was still enjoying it.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:49 AM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Its only been a day.. surely he is trying to fix it, or has no internet. big problem is the webpage is hosted from the same pc ?
perhaps the members could offer help with a server?

Last edited by nilbog; 05-28-2008 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: emoticons
Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 PM
jenco420
Banned

I'm working on the server atm , tho it will be locked for a few days while i work out the lag issues effecting everyone. I took the forums down because it was a drama fest, and i don't feel like dealing with that ~.~
Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 PM
tryfaen
Fire Beetle

oh man im dying here.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Sicpric
Fire Beetle

Jenco speaks! Forgive my doubts master...
Old 05-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Sicpric
Fire Beetle

Can we get some updates? I'm curious as to how the progress with the server is coming, would love to play my toons again =x
Old 05-30-2008, 05:32 AM
aendain
Fire Beetle

Yes, please update us, and also put the boards back up... No one is going to flame you, we all just want to know what is going on. There are probably some people who still do not have a clue why the boards and server are down.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Throttle
Fire Beetle

Well, this is the first time I feel fully justified in criticizing Jenco. He has done a few somewhat questionable things before while I've played on his server, but this is really disappointing. You don't just bring a server down for several days without letting the playerbase know until they inquire on a different forum (here). Are you really just "fixing some lag"? From Tuesday to Friday, and who knows how much longer? Taking down the forums as well in order to avoid flames? We don't pay to play, but this is poor service none the less.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Cvinion
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle View Post
Well, this is the first time I feel fully justified in criticizing Jenco. He has done a few somewhat questionable things before while I've played on his server, but this is really disappointing. You don't just bring a server down for several days without letting the playerbase know until they inquire on a different forum (here). Are you really just "fixing some lag"? From Tuesday to Friday, and who knows how much longer? Taking down the forums as well in order to avoid flames? We don't pay to play, but this is poor service none the less.
You arte right, you don't pay, and from the work jenco has put into this project I think he deserves eight thumbs up, amazing work and if he has tot ake downt he server let him, it is his sandbox.

Sorry to sound rude I just hate when people getting a free game to play almost every single day are mad because they think they feel as if they are owed something instead of just enjoying the great thing they have at their fingertips 99% of the time.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Tantalar
Sarnak

I think that what everyone is thinking is that over the time that we have all spent on the server we have all become friends and while I don't really know Jenco and we dont have conversations... It seems that in this situation I think most people expect him to say something like "Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I am going to be taking the server down until I am able to fix the severe lag problem. It might take a few days or even longer but I can't tell you an exact date."

This sort of makes it feel like we are on a server with a guy who is in charge of running the show instead of just some dude hosting a server who wants nothing to do with the people playing on it and doesn't care at all about them.

I didnt come here to bash him but I think if he doesnt tell people that he is taking down the server even then a lot of people will think very poorly of him and the server population will go down. I really dont want that to happen! I don't see why he would want a smaller population, so none of it makes any sense to me either.
Closed Thread