Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

Default Raid addicts.

For those of you who have never tried it, here is a little summary of the server.

Max level is 87, and you will have to grind your way there. There are many custom spells, and playing on raid addicts is an overall different feel to everquest. You work hard for your gear, but it is very rewarding. The server has been around for years, and was one of the very first custom-legit servers to come to eqemu.

Very balanced, and great customer-support.

Be sure to check it out, i'd love to see some new faces.

http://www.raidaddicts.net

Make sure you get the custom spells for the server.

Send a tell to aonelyn ingame if you need anything.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:56 PM
mattmeck
Fire Beetle

When I was an admin I tried to stay out of this, but the truth needs to be heard.

Raid addicts was started, ran for 6 months then was down for a year, back up for 3 months, then down for a year, then up for a few weeks then down for a year.

Right now is the longest stretch RA has ever been up, and was not one of the first of anything for eqemu.

RA was the first server I helped on, and it ran off my home cable connection for a few months the first time Mort had to drop it. The server is 100% different then it was then, it is a different server then it was last time.

The claims made are lies, I can list 5 server that were up before RA that are still up, and the fact that the server was brought down so many times means half the servers on the list have been up longer.

RA is a good server, the lies and untrue claims just need to stop.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:31 AM
KingMort
Banned

The server is not 100% different if you had ever logged on you would know that... The same quests, the same raids, the same everything from the first day it was opened until now it's been a slow progression...

Yes I did have some times years ago where I was FORCED to take the server down.. The first because i was going through a messy divorce.. The second because the shop where I had my server hosted was burnt in a fire losing all of my work..

8 years this project has continued making it the oldest active server in eqemu, older than SOD, older than S2k, older than PEQ... And trust me even when I could not HOST the thing or afford to rent a server.. I was writing quest material on paper prepping for the day that I would be able to get it back up and running..

For over 3 years now has the server been up and SOLID , even during that 3 years there were times where we had to take it down to fix EXPLOITS...

All of this being the life of a Server Op, which you have never been... Nor are you cut out to be one, that is why I fired your ass 7 years ago from my project... Now you come flame something you know absolutely nothing about? You do know... NOTHING about my server, since you have not logged onto it in over 6 years..

This server is not going anywhere, And it will remain SOLID.. Your Jealousy over not having a server as good as Raid Addicts has taken it's toll on you Mattmeck...

Ban me from forums if you want, but You know that I am right..

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 05-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Rogean
Administrator

LOL.. I love some of the numbers your throwing around Mort..

8 YEARS? ROFL.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Wiz
Dragon

So what was your forum account back in 2000, given that the current one was registered 2006?

8 years is pretty impressive, given that even Quagmire's registration date is two years after that and that the emulator wasn't exactly functional before 2002.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:25 PM
KingMort
Banned

Yes ok , My numbers are OFF and I apologize [archive] eqemu-0.3.2-source.zip 831.3K 23-May-2002

Those were the first Binarys I used with the name Raid Addicts, Inspired by Krushers server <----- Who is far older of a server, but apparently not active atm...

So 6+ years , It sure seems like more to me..

Mattmeck and Rogean started when it was 4.1 , not my first GM's by a long shot..

In fact I got them into Eqemu as I recall lol

And no Wiz I don't remember what it was maybe KingMortenson.. that was a long time ago before www.eqemulator.net was even created.. And Winters Roar.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:59 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I am impressed anytime a server remains on the login list longer than 2 weeks. It tells me that little Jimmy's mom didn't make him take it down and do his homework so he can get A's and not become a deep fry operator at McDonalds when he grows up.

Good luck, Mort. Just keep the ego in check, you'll be fine.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:08 PM
KingMort
Banned

Thats hard to do sir I am very proud of my server.. I would not go as far as calling that EGO but I do know that some people who have been involved with my server in the past did not pan out to be "Trustworthy".

The only advice I can give this community is, Be slow with changes, TAKE YOUR TIME...

Be very slow about trusting anyone with any access , They may steal your project..

There are Pirates all over the place, you got to keep what you have close to you and work hard at what your good at.. In my case Leading raids was my strong point..Hence the name Raid Addicts..

Your sure to find a very challenging server with content reaching back OVER 6 years.. Again I apologize for the In-Correct date earlier I just didn't have the facts..

Thanks Secrets for showing me the exact dates btw

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 05-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Thanks Secrets for showing me the exact dates btw
don't bring me into this.

jk <3
Old 05-31-2008, 02:21 PM
KingMort
Banned

I Blame Secrets !!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
Yes ok , My numbers are OFF and I apologize [archive] eqemu-0.3.2-source.zip 831.3K 23-May-2002

Those were the first Binarys I used with the name Raid Addicts, Inspired by Krushers server <----- Who is far older of a server, but apparently not active atm...

So 6+ years , It sure seems like more to me..

Mattmeck and Rogean started when it was 4.1 , not my first GM's by a long shot..

In fact I got them into Eqemu as I recall lol

And no Wiz I don't remember what it was maybe KingMortenson.. that was a long time ago before www.eqemulator.net was even created.. And Winters Roar.
Actually, the first version of Winter's Roar was created around March/April of 2002, around a month after I signed up on EQEmu - look at my regdate. Not that it honestly matters much which server is oldest, I just thought the claim that your server had been around longer than EQEmu itself to be amusing.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Wiz
Dragon

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=882

It was March, apparently. I remember that problem holding me up for a few days prior to 0.2.6 being released.

Sure does seem like a long time ago.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

The Scorpious2k server appeared May 18, 2003...

I guess that makes us a new server :P
Old 05-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post
The Scorpious2k server appeared May 18, 2003...

I guess that makes us a new server :P
Practically an infant!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
Practically an infant!
Well... we can't all be 8 years old!