Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Throttle
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garath
What makes this Classic EQ Trilogy Server different from the one you ran back in fall of last year, jenco? What makes me want to take you at your word that you are going to stick around this time and not disappear into limbo without even telling your GMs about it like last time?
I hope this hasn't happened again. I'm currently taking a break from the server but I intend to come back when Kunark launches; however, the website and server has been down for about a full day now without a word, and that has never happened before while I've played on this server. Let's not cry foul just yet, though it is a little odd.

As for Jenco as an admin, though I didn't play on his first server, I have no major complaints. He puts in a lot of work and keeps the server more stable than many other emus that I've played. The playerbase is a mixed bag, but that will always be the case. One of the best Classic servers I've tried, definitely. Once it gets all adjusted and fine-tuned with a few critical bugfixes, it should be as close to the real deal as you can ever expect to get.

I hope Jenco lets us know what's up.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Throttle
Fire Beetle

Oh, looks like he posted in another thread.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Fifflefluff
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvinion View Post
This link doesn't work for me. Does it work for anyone else?

Is this server still up...?
Old 06-15-2008, 04:33 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

link doesnt work for me and i dont see it on the server list :/
Old 06-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Cripp
Discordant

this servers been down for a bit.

www.nugblazers.com
Old 06-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Throttle
Fire Beetle

The owner abandoned the server one day (without a word), allegedly to host the !Destiny server instead.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:53 AM
quadroplex
Banned

I heard the EQ CLassic Project was pretty much stolen from tcsmyworld and that they cant get it to work properly cause he gave them the wrong db and they basicly had to start from scratch, least thats the rumor though this might not be the same server but if it is it serves them right that its shut down. Thieves suck
Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 AM
eq4me
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadroplex View Post
I heard the EQ CLassic Project was pretty much stolen from tcsmyworld and that they cant get it to work properly cause he gave them the wrong db and they basicly had to start from scratch, least thats the rumor though this might not be the same server but if it is it serves them right that its shut down.
That might or might not be true. If you want to waste precious minutes of your life you can search for the relevant treads full of inflated egos, exorbitant expectations and hurt feelings on these forums. At least in involved parties made a clean break from the main project and don't come back to haunt us.
Quote:
though this might not be the same server but if it is it serves them right that its shut down.
I am pretty sure this server had nothing to do with eqclassic. So I don't see any relevance for your posting in this thread. And no, I don't support that project in any way.

Quote:
Thieves suck
Yes, they do.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Cripp
Discordant

Quote:
I heard the EQ CLassic Project was pretty much stolen from tcsmyworld and that they cant get it to work properly cause he gave them the wrong db and they basicly had to start from scratch, least thats the rumor though this might not be the same server but if it is it serves them right that its shut down. Thieves suck
thats BS. TCS is a good guy.

www.nugblazers.com
Old 06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
I heard the EQ CLassic Project was pretty much stolen from tcsmyworld and that they cant get it to work properly cause he gave them the wrong db and they basicly had to start from scratch, least thats the rumor though this might not be the same server but if it is it serves them right that its shut down.
Wrong. EQClassic wants nothing to do with EQEmulator.

Secondly, where are you getting these facts? The only thing that was stolen was the 1.8 eqemulator source, which is open-source. How can you steal an open-source project, care to explain?

You act as though a database contains a codebase. EQClassic doesn't need to be given a database; instead, they code from a codebase to adapt an existing schema. You can't just expect any old schema to work 100% with all info working correctly. At least not in 1.8, hell, mob pathing isn't even in 1.8 and they're getting it to work.

So, before you get your panties in a bunch, please, get your facts straight cole. As for tcsmyworld, nothing was stolen from him; the only thing he contributed was his database, which had items in blobs and was useless as far as i'm concerned, minus the zone_points table, which i'll give credit for it anyway.

Quote:
Thieves suck
Funny you should say that. Didn't you post a texture pack of unoriginal textures and models here?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:26 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripp View Post
thats BS. TCS is a good guy.
Hmm, not really.