Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Default Zoning problems

Been working on the server and everything seemed to be going great until I tried to manually zone (IE not #zone). When I use the #zone command it puts me in the same spot every time. However when I go to walk out of the zone it seems to stick me in all sorts of weird places. For examples if I go to zone out of Freeport East to North ro I sometimes end up in a Derv Camp, or under the world, or in the water, etc. Same goes for pretty much any zone. Rarely it will zone properly, but most of the times its some random place in the zone.

Using PEQ database. I have used George's Tools to edit things such as spawns, item stats, etc. I haven't messed with anything in the DB that has to do with zoning or zone points, etc.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:09 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

i would gues it is zone point related.
when you use #zone it ALWAYS sends you to what is designated as SAFE POINT in DB (same point where succor would sent you)

when you zone in normaly, and zone in coordinates are bad - like underworld by just a little bit, the server tries to push you to a valid coordinates, which may not always be the same (wild guessing here)

so start with trying to alter zone in coordinates a bit

BTW this also ocasinaly has happened on LIVE, during my 5 years of playing I would some times find myself in most weird places when crossing a zone line (did not happened too often however)
Old 06-25-2008, 04:17 AM
trevius
Developer

If you are running the latest binaries, you might want to disable the MQzone detector. Unless your zone points are all updated, I think it can cause zone loops and maybe other odd issues.