Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:45 PM
gygelly
Fire Beetle

You also don't have EQbots defined in any of your preprocessor definitions.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Until I replace them, if you have the 1118 source, you can use those. The Makefiles for Linux have been changed to include what is needed.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Darkonig
Hill Giant

Default bots are people too

In looking over the bot code and considering its intent, I was wondering why the bots were not implemented as an extension to the client class rather than an internal modification of the npc class.

One of the big issues I have with them being npcs is that they are targeted by the f8 key which interferes with targeting 'real' npcs. They keep getting in the way. When I tried a test of sending the spawn packet declaring the bot's were clients they did not interfere with f8 and showed up in the /who command. This simple change is not sufficient by itself because, although the mobs were still functional, they were identified as <LD> <LFG> <Bad Guild> and had a tendency to go invisible. So further work would be required to make them actual clients on the server side.

If there will be a major rewrite to make them a real class, I would highly recommend making them an extension of client so they behave more like actual players and don't interfere so much with the actual player.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:24 PM
gygelly
Fire Beetle

hey Congdar, I got on the the Realm and played around a bit. The cleric bot actually threw me heals intelligently, but of course, I was only able to test a lvl 6.

Any chance of you sharing your bot code changes soon? It'd surely help the stuff I'm working on to have those seperate spell lists.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Congdar
Developer

I would really like to wait until I get all the spell lists completed before releasing. I'm working on Shaman now and still have more classes to do. If you really really want it as it is, pm me.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

I recently got the craving to play EQ again, and this has always been one of my dreams - go through the raid content alone as a raid leader. As soon as I get MiniLogin working (which might be a while) I'm going to start playing around with these bots; and I can't wait.

I have a question in terms of quest context; the Bots can't do quests. The PC could of course, do the quests, assuming the have the faction, then hand the reward to the Bots, correct? I am trying to remember from EQ if some quests are impossible to do if you are the wrong class; like, could a Cleric do a Shaman Epic? It'd be useless on the normal servers, but here it would be very valuable.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Congdar
Developer

Yes, you can equip bots with whatever loot you find including the class Epic item. Some quest scripts check the class of the person turning in items but that could be modified on a private server so anyone could do any quest. The custom server would also need to turn off NODROP.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

What would be the procedure for telling if a quest has a class-check in it's script for someone mostly inept as I am? (I'm trying to install Bots now for The Realm, stand by for really dumb questions )

Equally, how would one modify class spell lists, to say put things like Enchanter's Enchant Silver, Electrum, Gold, etc, onto other person's spell list? If you aren't playing an enchanter, you'd never be able to find enchanted jewelry.

Alright. I can create a character, but it kicks me every time I try to enter the world. What's up with that?
Old 08-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Congdar
Developer

I just did a search and there aren't enough scripts that check for class for it to be an issue.
It's easier to add enchanting script to an existing Enchanter Guild Master than it is to change bot spell lists.
Not sure about your connection issues, I can log into The Realm without a problem.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

I meant, host plays a cleric; make the spells Enchanter/Cleric usuable; but your solution makes more sense.

I played a little more on PEQ: Grand Creation without a problem, it's just The Realm; if I screwed up the bot install some how, would that do it, or would I just have problems when I get into the game and try to use the Bot Commands?
Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 AM
johnblack100
Fire Beetle

Congdar and all others working on this project,
I love the work done it is fantastic and keep going cant wait to see the new spells the bots will do.
Just a quick question do the bots get any AAs and if not will this be implemented at all
:P

John Black
Old 08-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I just tried this out (took me long enough!), and I gotta say, this is really great stuff. Magoth78, you truly made a 'home box' version of Everquest!
Before, it was pretty much impossible to achieve ubber levels alone (with out 'pimping' your character and the #commands). I played characters like Necros, that could solo up to a decent level.
But now, I can play whatever character with no problems, probably take on anything in the game, without having to cheat.
I added it to what I have, see if I can't come up with some new ideas too.

I've always been highly impressed at all the amazing talent that floats around these forums. I'm glad I learned MySql, Perl, and even some C, even if it was just to better appreciate what all of you have done with this project.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnblack100 View Post
Just a quick question do the bots get any AAs and if not will this be implemented at all
:P

John Black
I have coded many AA's for the bots and will be implementing more as I can. I just finished up with Shaman and Druid spells and im testing the Paladin spells now. Getting closer to release.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikeren View Post
I played a little more on PEQ: Grand Creation without a problem, it's just The Realm; if I screwed up the bot install some how, would that do it, or would I just have problems when I get into the game and try to use the Bot Commands?
To play on The Realm you don't need to install bot code, just Titanium. I wish I could help you with your connection issues. I can connect to both The Realm and Grand Creation.(Grand Creation doesn't have bots)
Old 08-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Yeah, it's very odd.

Right now: When I connect to grand creation, I can log in no problem 100% of the time.

When I try to connect to The Realm, about 75% of the time, I get booted to log in screen. Another...15%? of the time I can get to character creation, but can't log in. I got in once, levelled a character to 10, died (lost 2 levels) and then got booted at that point - I've been trying to get on a few times since, without luck.
Closed Thread