Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:58 AM
Babul
Sarnak

Default How I create a second account?

Sorry for the noob question I have created the first account on my server which i then assigned GM privileges but I want to create another normal account I have not found in any of the tools that work with my setup a simple option to add an account to the DB do I have to do it manually editing the tables in the DB? I suppose there is another way of doing this maybe a ingame command # ?

tried to search in the forum and wiki without success.

Also is there a way to have the login server not rely on the eqemulator.net login server?

thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 04:04 AM
Babul
Sarnak

Let me add that unfortunatly most of the editing tools seems to be not working well with the last DB release and mysql versions.

I hope the EQemu editor will be updated and finished (it work pretty well even if he got some compatibility errors since it quite old) so far is the only one I got to work the other toold from georgeS do nto connect with my DB at all.

I think this emu deserve a good and comprensive editing tool like pandora box for UOL unfortunatly I am not a coder or I would try to make one myself..
Old 09-14-2008, 04:04 AM
trevius
Developer

Unless you are running minilogin, you don't need to setup accounts. They get setup automatically when people login from the login server. You can adjust them from that point if you want to change the status or something.

The only other option from using the normal public login server is to use Minilogin, but that is normally only good for use on your private LAN or with a few close friends, cause you have to add accounts manually for them in your DB.

And for DB editing, try GeorgeS tools. They are all great and can do almost anything you want to do for customizing a server easily.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:12 AM
Babul
Sarnak

Ok thanks trevious make sense, no i dont want to have a closed lan server I plan to get some friends once the server is working and completed, for now I wanted to add a normal account for testing with a friend.

So if I understand well once you connect to the eqemulator.net login and then on the EQ login you insert a new name and password and they are created on the server or do you also need to create an account on this website before?

I asked this because I noticed there is at least one EQmu server that has is own login and patch server so i tought it was possible.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:06 AM
Babul
Sarnak

Hummm, strange I tried to create an account but when i go to the emu login server and just place here a new login and passowrd it give me error that the account do not exist so it's not like that, you have to create every time an account also on the login server on this website to be able to log on my server?

This is confusing , basically is the login server who then create an account to the server once it identofy you as a user on there?
Old 09-14-2008, 05:16 AM
trevius
Developer

You create a forums account and each forum account has 3 slots for login server accounts. So, you can make 3 LS accounts per forum account. You will want to have your friends each make a forum account and make their own accounts to log in with. It is fairly simple. Once that is done, you login to the login server with that new account and any server you connect to will add that account to their database for their own records to keep track of the characters on that account for that particular server.

This website/forums and the login server both run on the same server, so they are tied together. The actual passwords you create are only stored here. They don't get sent to any other servers you connect to, so you don't have to worry about your account info being at risk.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Babul
Sarnak

Ok thanks trevious.

Can I ask you a more tecnical info that I cant seems to figure out and so far i got no answer on my other thread since yous eem quite an expert i would profit from you if possible

My server seems to work quite well with theecception of quests... they simply don work I have the correct working perl installation as per thr wiki but the error log report that there is no player.pl in non of the quest directory and so it doent lod anything related to quests.. I got the quests from the pew cvs and there no player.pl in any of the directory there.

what is wrong?

thanks

this is what i get on the log

[09.14. - 07:03:40] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_quest_zone_4776.log
[09.14. - 07:03:40] Tying perl output to eqemu logs
[09.14. - 07:03:40] Creating EQEmuIO=HASH(0x4086bbc)
[09.14. - 07:03:40] Creating EQEmuIO=HASH(0x4091370)
[09.14. - 07:03:40] Loading perlemb plugins.
[09.14. - 07:03:40] Loading perl commands...
[09.14. - 07:03:40] Subroutine GetSkill redefined at (eval 12) line 1.
[09.14. - 11:06:43] Unable to read perl file 'quests/freportn/player.pl'
[09.14. - 11:06:43] Unable to read perl file 'quests/templates/player.pl'
[09.14. - 11:11:14] Terminating on signal SIGHUP(1)

and in fact the player.pl is never to be found...
Old 09-14-2008, 09:28 AM
trevius
Developer

I haven't really messed with the player.pl file much, but I don't think it is actually required. I don't see one in any of my folders currently.

Maybe the quest you are trying as an example is just broke. Or more likely, you need to move your plugin files from quests/plugins to eqemu/plugins, as without them, no turn ins will work.

What happens if you hail an NPC that has a quest?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Babul
Sarnak

Ok I will try this

Well I tried to do a couple quest one in highkeep i saw the script for that npc was there but nothing happened.

Another one was in steamfont the gnome npc start to talk when hail him but then when i insert the keyword to continue the quest nothing happen.

In general with the peq DB i was unable to get any quest working i installed the angelox db today and I was able to acquire the quest from the NPC in freeport, i got from him the container to collect and then combine the items, I havent tried to complete it so far, but the quest doent appear in the quest jurnal is that how is intended to be or?

thanks