Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:15 PM
BoginDA
Fire Beetle

Default Grateful

I just wanted to make a post saying I appreciate all of your time and energy Cavedude. There are a bunch of posts from impatient people complaining, and I wanted there to be a post you could read to feel good about, not annoyed.

You've got a great server going, and until this extended downtime have had a great record for reliability. I look forward to playing on your server again when it comes up, but until then I realize you have done what you can, and appreciate that.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom View Post
manage the people as a GM (for me anyway, and I think Reno would probably enjoy watching people clobber each other to death, though the spectacle might take away from his world building time. . .) "Soandso just trained us in Vex Thal. omg do something." could not be responded with "Settle it between yourselves, kill the person and take the zone back."
My..how I dream of such things.....

Quote:
the occasional "Well if that happens we'll migrate" thing is getting old, especially when it's been stated nothing is going to change.
When I first started contributing to the project, this bothered me. It was not long before I came to the realization that, I could give a crap if you move on. Whatever server you go to, there is a 75% chance that it still uses some, or all, of the things I helped create. Your stuck with me buddy =)

Quote:
The team puts a lot of work into the server, people come and go, the drama doesn't help any. Nor do the jabs at other server operator staff for their server sucking in comparison. Daxum has helped this community quite a bit, and his warp detection code (though slightly altered) is running on PEQ. Don't throw eggs at his world just because you can't hang!
Well said. TZ/VZ is a wonderful creation, and is a integral part of this community. It should be heralded for the things it has accomplished.

Now, could we just stop polluting the EQEmu forum's like it's the PEQ General Forum? Our server discussion does not belong here.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM
lucid.reverie
Fire Beetle

Default Peq

I concur with BoginDA, Cavedude. Thanks for all the hard work - it's easy to get comfortable with a great free gaming experience, and frankly (as many will agree) after enough time on PEQ it's difficult to find any other EQ Emu server that adds up. We'll be waiting ... as patiently as we can.

Lucid
Old 09-22-2008, 03:40 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoginDA View Post
I just wanted to make a post saying I appreciate all of your time and energy Cavedude. There are a bunch of posts from impatient people complaining, and I wanted there to be a post you could read to feel good about, not annoyed.

You've got a great server going, and until this extended downtime have had a great record for reliability. I look forward to playing on your server again when it comes up, but until then I realize you have done what you can, and appreciate that.
I just wanted to 2nd this exact thought, Cave Dude and the rest of the team you guys have an awesome server, easily the best emulator out there

Now someone kick those AC guys in the shorts and get them moving !!!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
lindane8
Fire Beetle

Default jeesh

you guys act like all people who pvp are 10 year old kids who beat animals .either that or u suck at pvp and have gotten ganked allot . u have good eggs and bad eggs and as much as i like pvp i don't want peq to be a pvp server..but i would like pvp to be in the server i mean what harm is there in fixing duel bug..if you don't want to duel then ..don't accept the challenge...chicken...:P

Old 09-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

PEQ + PvP = no.

Stay on topic, or i'll have to sick my guard dogs on you.

(Cripp and Trev)

Last edited by Secrets; 09-23-2008 at 02:39 AM..
Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 PM
valic007
Fire Beetle

man still no peq im gonna have to go outside this week (joke) lol
Old 09-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

Miss you PEQ!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:35 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
PEQ + PvP = no.

Stay on topic, or i'll have to sick my guard dogs on you.

(Cripp and Trev)
RUFF RUFF!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:38 PM
acepanther
Fire Beetle

Is there a mirror where we can get the files that were hosted on the PEQ web site while it is down?
Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 PM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

I can get you the 1129 DB if you want, just shoot me a PM
Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

None of the files are hosted on PEQ, they are all hosted on Sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=203971
Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 AM
elation
Sarnak

In the interim I've been playing here: http://www.scarsofamerous.com/

It's fun. Super fast leveling and crazy gear. Got some toons to 75 with close to 200AAs.

Ok back to work. Here's to hoping PEQ will be up soon...
Old 09-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Nemyar
Fire Beetle

Figures this is when I finally get around to installing Titanium to check out PEQ, lol. Anybody wanna fill me in on what I've missed so far? What level are most people by now?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:46 PM
lindane8
Fire Beetle

Default hey whats up?

i was wondering what the status of PEQ i being turned on is does anyone know or is PEQ over and done with?