Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Default Lootable item on a pvp kill

Well, I thought I saw this somewhere, but a search yielded nothing. How do I make a certain item lootable on a player character so that when he is pvp and killed, the killing player can loot that item and only that item? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:43 AM
paaco
Discordant

Look in the Variables Table. Change PvP Rewards value to 3. Now in that same table change the value of PvPItem to the item number of whatever you want players to drop in pvp.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Digital
Fire Beetle

Hey!

I am also working on a pvp server and i am using peq latest DB.
But wen i try to loot the item from the player corpse it crashes the zone.exe.

Any thoughts on this? I know moste of you guys dont spend much time on pvp issues but if anyone have any info on the subject it would be very appreciated.

Thx!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Dodie
Sarnak

Not working for me either, makes the zone crash
Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
paaco
Discordant

Hmm yeah I can confirm that it crashes the zone. That shouldn't happen :( I'm not really smart enough to look into it and figure it out. Maybe someone else can figure out whats causing it.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Dodie
Sarnak

Hope someone could take a look at it....
Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Derision
Developer

I was able to reproduce this and have submitted a fix to stop the zone crashing in Revision 29 on SVN. If you can't compile the source yourself, just wait until someone builds another set of Win32 binaries.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
paaco
Discordant

Nice Derison, congrats on the blue name, with all the work you have done lately you definately deserve it.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Digital
Fire Beetle

Awsome Derision !
Where do i go to check that out?

We are trying to build quick pvp server with an adventure point system as reward for pvp.
We dont really know how to set that up so will use this item loot as a fix for that.
Just need it to work

Any info on this is very usefull.
Thanks alot
Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Derision
Developer

SVN stands for 'SubVersioN' and is a source code control system. Cavedude posted about it here:

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26376

Anyone can check-out the source code from there, and there are also occasional Win32 binary releases (click on the download tab). Every time new code is checked in, the 'Revision Number' bumps up by one. If you click on the 'Source' tab and then click on Changes, you can see a list of changes in each revision. As I am writing this, the latest revision is r29, but the latest Win32 binaries is r27. If you can't compile yourself, you'll need to wait until there is a revision29.zip (or later). The Win32 binaries on that site have to be created manually, so I can't say when the next one will be released.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 PM
So_1337
Dragon

This probably deserves its own thread, but since you're explaining it here, I'll ask -- Is there a reason that I'm getting an error trying to run eqlaunch.exe from the binaries on the new SVN? I've never ever had a problem with any binaries posted here to this site, but for some reason eqlaunch.exe doesn't want to run when I use any of the binaries from the revisions mentioned.

Because of this, I can't run any dynamic zones. I've been able to get into the world successfully by launching static zones and making sure my character is logged there but this isn't ideal, as I'm sure you can imagine =) Just wondering what the difference between the two is. I imagine it's a difference in the method through which they're compiled, but was hoping to have some light shed on it. Thank you for anything you can offer.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Derision
Developer

What's the error you are getting ? I just downloaded revision27.zip and it launches OK for me.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Let me recreate, just a moment. I wrote up a PM earlier in the day I was going to send to trevius, and wound up refreshing the page by mistake and losing it =P

"The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Googling that error code hasn't helped me much, as most of the support threads deal with people who are having issues with what they've compiled. That sort of helps, as it tells me there's something different, but not exactly what.

I've also noticed that the file sizes are pretty different between the latest build (1129) and what's contained in the revision binaries.

Thanks again for any ideas and for looking into this. Trying to run this all under Windows Server 2003, if that's any help. Never a single issue with any of the builds posted on this site.

EDIT: Just tried running this on my laptop here, which is Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and it ran. So it seems the problem is on my end somewhere, oddly enough.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Digital
Fire Beetle

Thx again Derision!

I don't really know that much about pure coding so i guess ill
have wait until a win32 binary is realized.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
"The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
From that error, my guess is that the binaries are not 100% statically linked and are maybe looking for the Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries. I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 which probably comes with them pre-installed.

You could try installing the runtime libraries:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en