Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:36 PM
CHowell2005
Hill Giant

Default potions /?spell effects? not working

Have a new server up and running correctly I thought. I haven't created a magic using character yet so I can't say I've tested this much. However, I was playing my warrior and when I quaffed the celestial healing potions off the newbie vendor in glooming deep nothing happens. I get no spell effect, the item on my hotbar grays out like it should for cooldown but I can reuse it right away and get the potion use sound, and the potion does not expend. Also, tried to get the buff off of the buff npc there and that didn't work also, but that could just be a quest error.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

I'd highly suggest trying out some of the other spells and items. Unless that is a known broken item, would need more information to assist you.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 PM
CHowell2005
Hill Giant

made a necro and tried to scribe and mem the two starting spells and it said they were out of spell id range...going to check my db and see if there is anything obvious going on
Old 12-04-2008, 09:05 PM
cool_jetts
Fire Beetle

is this just like the live game? i currently play sod but its the old school eq with alotof different zone names,and commmands are diff ,,,ect so is eqemu just like live is and are there servers with active people playng on them or do i have to make my own server?
Old 12-05-2008, 01:13 AM
AndMetal
Developer

I would check your logs/eqemu_debug_zone.log file & search for any lines that contain SPELLS__LOAD. Post back what you see there, since it seems like the spells aren't loading correctly.

My Contributions to the Wiki