Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:20 AM
ardianko
Sarnak

Default StartZone

Ok so i want all of my characters to start in befallen, which has the zone id of 17 ... i used navicat queries and went into the start_zones table and made the zone_id and start_zone column all set valued to 17.

I restarted the server and the characters still spawn in the mines of gloomingdeep (tutorialb) ... i tried zone 231 (taka) aswell, but it doesnt seem to work. any suggestions?
Old 12-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Derision
Developer

In your rule_values table, change the rule_value entry for rule_name World:EnableTutorialButton from the default of true, to false
Old 12-25-2008, 09:45 AM
ardianko
Sarnak

wow. silly me. Thank you VERY MUCH, and i apologize
Old 12-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardianko View Post
wow. silly me. Thank you VERY MUCH, and i apologize
No need to apologize. The working tutorial button is a relatively new feature in EQEmu, so most posts you will find when searching about setting start zones won't mention it.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:10 AM
ardianko
Sarnak

Ok that worked for getting the characters out of starting in the tutorial zone. But now its setting it to southern qeynos no matter what value i put in startzone/zoneid columsn :X
Old 12-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Derision
Developer

That may be due to the way you edited the start_zones table. Rather than editing that, the usual way to set a starting zone for all new characters is to set startzone in the variables table:

Code:
INSERT INTO `variables` (`varname`, `value`, `information`, `ts`) VALUES ('startzone', 'befallen', '', NOW());
South Qeynos is ZoneID 1, so the code probably defaults to that if something has gone wrong. Maybe there is something in one of your log files to indicate the problem.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:30 AM
ardianko
Sarnak

Hmmm ... i opened up navicat, went into peq ... then clicked on the QUERY icon up top... clicked on new query and under the Query Editor tab i typed in on line 1 the following ::

UPDATE start_zones SET start_zone = '17'

and it said rows were affected successfully, did the same to zone id, but strange enough they still end up in qeynos. hmmm should i do it a different way?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Derision
Developer

ZoneID 17 is Blackburrow, not befallen, and the column you want to change is zone_id, not start_zone, but

Code:
UPDATE start_zones SET zone_id = '17' ;
worked for me, (created a new char and he started in Blackburrow) but like I say, the variables method I mentioned above is the accepted method of doing this, rather than messing with the start_zones table.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:00 AM
ardianko
Sarnak

well yeah i already made a new variable in the table, i made it a startzone variable and value set to 17, they werent starting in blackburrow they were just starting in qeynos for some reason.

So i deleted that variable, now they are all starting in their regular hometowns (i.e- troll starts in grobb & vah shir's start in shar vahl)

Ugh this is strange
Old 12-25-2008, 11:54 AM
ardianko
Sarnak

got it . thank you