Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default Will someone make another random loot server?

I think that someone should make a random loot server that doesn't use bots. I saw some random loot servers pop up recently, but all of them had bots, and they take away from the experience for me. A server with increased exp and random loot would be a lot of fun.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Your probably going to have to setup your own personal server if that is your requirement. No one wants to make another server with 3 people on it that disappears in two weeks. Secrets will help you!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeormom View Post
Your probably going to have to setup your own personal server if that is your requirement. No one wants to make another server with 3 people on it that disappears in two weeks. Secrets will help you!
don't involve me in this! :(

the first part of this reply is right; unfortunately, if you want to make a server tailored to your needs you're typically going to have to set up a LAN server.

The problem with these "server request" threads is that you're assuming that someone will actually take the time to use a computer that they run to satisfy your direct needs instead of a general public's need of something completely unique and tailored to the original poster's wants.

I just needed to put that out there.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

So yeah, PM secrets and he will hook you up.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Well, it's not just me, probably. Fridgecritter was very similar to that, and it would have 20+ people on at a time.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Cvinion
Sarnak

!!KoV Beta 64.... IT's still a work in progress but it should satiate you until 70 as far as loot and exp hotzones ect. Enjoy! Running at 2 Dual core Xeon 2.4's.... 14 Gb DDR2 800 Mhz Server grade ram, and a decent connection... Uptime is 100% as of last month... Enjoy.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Idk what you are talking about with that server. I logged on and it was just pure PEQ
Old 01-13-2009, 02:31 AM
Cvinion
Sarnak

if you were speaking to me Marsh, it is definitly random loot, took quite some time even with the neat little D2Loot generator, and I have played quite a bit on it and drops are quite random and based on level.

!!KoV Beta64
Old 01-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Maybe, are you talking about Keeper of the Vale? I got on that and killed a nunch of stuff and nothing had any loot at all. Maybe you are talking about a different server.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Dedicated Server

Hello there,

I have been inundated with emails and messages about how to do my random loot server the way I did it. I will tell you that the secret is in the DB queries that you make with GeorgeS tool. You can't just click the boxes and hit go, and not customize anything.

You have to know a little bit about what happens when you put <= after a number in a query, and when to use it. I have already given the formula I used on my server out to a few people, but I am not gonna walk people through doing it. That would simply take too much back and forth with emails, and I am not that good at explaining it.

If anyone has a dedicated server (not in your mom's basement unless she has a T1 or better) with a static IP, I would be willing to setup another random loot server the same as the one I was running before.

I had to take my server down because there simply wasn't time to fix all of the spell issues on my own, and work out the kinks. It's really hard to find good GMs that want to dedicate time on a server as well. Most just want the powers and privileges, then get bored with them and hardly ever log on after that.

Shoot me an email at fridgecritter@gmail.com if you have some server space and are interested in having me set up another random loot with no bots, no frills and balanced gameplay on a server that makes you explore the whole EQ world in order to complete your gearset.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:46 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

when this being set up??

+ will it be fast xp??