Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:56 PM
bomont14
Fire Beetle

Default Server Selection Screen Blank

I just installed EQ Titanium on my laptop a few nights ago. I set everything up like the guide instructed, modified the EQhost file ( I tried both Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994 and Host=eqemulator.net:5998 ) and created the shortcut for eqgame.exe with the patchme addition. When I log in I will be taken to the server selection screen with no servers showing up. Occasionally I will get a "There have been 27849739 failed attempts to log in" message.

Laptop specs:
-Win Xp (SP3) Laptop came with SP3 installed on it
-CPU: 1.6 dual core
-RAM: 1 GB
-128 MB on the Intel Video Card
-Direct X 9.0c
-I tried wired and wireless connections on two different networks (one of the networks was the primary one I set up and played EQemu on before)
-Attempts to connect with firewall on and off have been made, same result for both.
-Install directory was "D:\program files\Sony\EverQuest" This is the first EQ install on this system.

Thanks for your time.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:34 PM
bomont14
Fire Beetle

This is the unpatched version of EQ Titanium with one reinstall and no success.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Pulgrey
Fire Beetle

I am having the same issue myself. I am new EQ EMU and was rather looking forward to this =)

I have a fresh install of titanium edition , followed the guide , and also get a blank server selection screen. I notice I am getting errors saying someone has tried to log on to me account some 65k or 128k or some other weird number , as well as the scrolling marque saying I have 5 expansions then 2 expansions then 7 expansions.... but have yet to see any servers at the server log in screen.

winXP sp3
ATI radeon X300
1.5g ram
3.2g pent4
directx9.0c , reinstalled latest build last week.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Loccochris
Fire Beetle

This has happened to me in the past. One issue could be the login server is acting up which happens every now and then. Try this and it might take a "while" but if you get the blank login screen log out and try again over and over again. If it is the login server acting up eventually you should luck out and see the server list.

Again try this, it may take you some few dozen attempts to get in. Another thing to check is make sure your firewall isn't blocking eq.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Pulgrey
Fire Beetle

I found my problem to be self inflicted.

Not wanting to reinstall if I accidentally patched or did mod something wrong , so I immediatly made a copy of the instillation in another folder to do all the changes. to. How ever I didnt double check the shortcut link I was using was to the new folder , so I was basically using a fresh install EQ to log onto normal EQ live servers with out patching , which in turn gave me a blank screen.

Kiddo also found if he tried logging in using wrong password ( he had caps lock on ) he got blank log in screen to ( instead of failed log in ) , not sure if thats helpful to ya , but it may help someone =)
Old 01-31-2009, 05:40 AM
bomont14
Fire Beetle

I tried logging in and out but after five minutes I gave up, blank server select screen every attempt. I'm going to try logging in on my desktop computer which worked fine before but I'm in the process of moving so could be a few days. If it does work on my desktop I'm just going to throw the EQ folder on a pocket drive and try playing EQ off that on my laptop.