Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Robbyr727
Fire Beetle

Smile Hows it going new guy here

Hey every one, i figured i would introduce myself, my name is robert, you can call me robby, i am an old eq player, i had a level 66 cleric and 52 warrior on melin starprye, as of last night i was thinkin about the game alittle, after alittle looking around today, i found out about everquest emulators, and im alittle enticed about the whole idea of this thing, im gonna be looking around on the forums for a while for more information on how to get this thing up and running, i got everquest titanium DL'ing right now hopefully its a good ISO butttt any way if any one wants to show me the ropes of this thing or even give me some simple advice, all would be much appreciated, Thank you.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:54 PM
warhawk
Sarnak

Hi Robby

Glad you found this place. The Emu is amazing as you will see .

A word of caution though, you might not want to talk about downloading titanium here, it frowned upon.

Snip from the Wiki

Quote:
* So, where can I download EverQuest Titanium?
- You figure that out. Asking for how to download ANY EverQuest software, to include zone files that SoE developed and released is an offense in our community and will result in a ban.
You may want to consider buying SOF (secrets of Faydwer) its only $4.99 from newegg.com. Its emu development is coming on leaps and bounds at the moment and im sure will eventually surpass titanium as the prefered client.

Good luck

War
Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Robbyr727
Fire Beetle

Ahhh alright, sorry about that guys, im currently in trade school, and dont have a job due to the terrible economy, my pockets are very empty so ive been reduced to a lowly internet criminal lmao, im not a bad dude though, once i get situated i plan to try and put into the community here.

Right now im lookin for some good single play action just for the sake of some old memories and something to do in my free time to keep me out of trouble, i got the axclassic rar on my desktop.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 PM
trevius
Developer

If you have an internet connection, you might enjoy trying out some of the public servers. They range from Live-Like to very customized and each one is at least a little different than the next. Even if you don't want to group with others, most servers are made to allow decent soloing and some even let you solo to max level fairly easily and quickly.

To get setup for just playing on other servers is really easy. You just follow this guide:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Setting up your own server is a bit more complex, but this guide can help some:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ka=ws992mysql5

I am not sure if the file you downloaded is the one I am thinking of, but I know Leslamarch has a pre-packed LAN server that you could setup fairly easily and run while not connected to the internet.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Robbyr727
Fire Beetle

yeah that is fairly easier haha, tryin to get a play at home deal going seems like a little part time project, thank you very much for the support

btw if any one else has a myspace, feel free to send me a friend request.
http://www.myspace.com/dr_ever_omfgwtfbbq
Old 04-16-2009, 03:45 AM
benp181
Fire Beetle

Smile

Hello I am new here also and I hope you enjoy your stay. I will send you a friend request on MySpace.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:16 AM
Robbyr727
Fire Beetle

Hey guys Custom, legit, testing.. i figure legit is normal playing feild, what about all these others?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 AM
trevius
Developer

Legit just means that there are no (or very few) GM type commands to let you do stuff like #level or #summonitem. It would play similar to how live is where you have to level up and gain items legitimately.

Semi-Legit means that you might get access to a few non-legit commands like #level or #summonitem or #zone, but you don't get access to all commands.

Non-Legit means you get access to most commands. These servers are mostly there for people who want to just play around for a short while, summon a bunch of items, #level a character and kill a few things.

Custom means that it isn't trying to emulate live. Custom servers can range from similar to live with just a few changes to being nothing like live at all. Normally custom servers offer a completely new experience from what you might have seen on Live.

Classic normally means that they are trying to simulate how live was at some point in the beginning of EQ. Normally these servers only give access up to Kunark, Velious or maybe just basic EQ, but there is no defined limit for this description.

PVP means it is a PVP server and normally they are geared around being PVP oriented.

Those are the most common descriptions you will see. I suggest giving each type a try. If you see a server that has more than 10 players on it, then it is probably worth checking out if you think the description sounds interesting. Personally, I like custom-legit, but I am probably biased, because I run one :P
Old 04-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Vincire
Fire Beetle

Hey Folks!

I'm also new to the emulator scene and I'm jut waiting for my copy of titanium to arrive in the mail I'm planning to run a small family server from a fairly beefy laptop at my house (with maybe 3 or 4 concurrent connections). To the poster above, how many zones would I be confortable with running on a 2ghz Core 2 Duo, Win XP, and 4gb of ram?