Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Bellos
Hill Giant

Default Fresh install, cannot get to character select

I just reinstalled EQ titanium, every time i go to join a server, the game pauses for a second then kicks me back to the log on screen, anyone else having this problem, ive tried everything in the Core 2 Duo thread to no end.

Im running windows XP btw
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Bellos
Hill Giant

If anyone else has a core 2 duo and Windowx XP Pro and can play lemme know, i dunno this sucks, guess ill sell my titanium edition now
Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
trevius
Developer

Yes, it is very playable with Core 2 and XP. If you have this same problem every single time you try to connect to any server (and have tried multiple servers), then it may be another issue that is causing your disconnects.

When you installed EQ Titanium, was there already an existing different version of EQ on your computer that you installed over? If so, that can definitely cause problems and you would want to uninstall EQ and delete the directory and then re-install Titanium again and see if that fixed it.

If that doesn't work, it could still be a number of other issues. Are you playing on a wireless network? Is your internet connection through satellite? Are you trying to play from a college campus or from your work, or any place other than your own home network? Do you have any firewalls running on your PC?

I am sure there are other possibilities, but those are a few questions to start you off in getting this resolved. As long as you aren't behind a proxy or using satellite internet, we should be able to get your problem resolved without too much trouble. Just hang in there!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Bidon45
Fire Beetle

I have almost the same issue... Except I never get booted back to the login screen. It just stays frozen at a black screen and stops responding when i click play everquest =/ (I'm also dual core but I'm sure that isnt the issue because I've done every fix as well. I'm on Vista too, and I didnt install over an old EQ)
Old 04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
MattWitt
Fire Beetle

I am having a similar issue, and haven't found any fix for this.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:43 PM
trevius
Developer

Please do not post about the same issue in multiple threads. If you are having the exact issue as someone else, either post it in 1 thread, or create your own new thread about it and provide as many details as possible.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Tevach1
Fire Beetle

Default Same prob

Hi yas,

I posted my own new thread, then realized that I am probably having the same problem as this thread speaks of. Same symptoms- server select then loading.. then kick back to login. yes it's fresh install
Old 04-29-2009, 11:51 PM
trevius
Developer

If you are absolutely sure that you have a fresh install of EQ Titanium (not Trilogy or any other version), then most likely your issue is with a multi-core CPU if you have one. The FAQ in my sig has some suggestions to correct that issue.

But, if you have had any other version of EQ installed on your PC before you installed Titanium to use with the emulator, then most likely that is the cause of your issue. You will want to completely remove all other versions of EQ from your PC, and delete the directories they were in completely. Then, reinstall Titanium again. Also, make 100% certain that you don't patch even for a second. Any patching at all will cause that exact issue.

It is possible to have multiple versions of EQ on the same PC, but you have to have them loaded into their own separate directories. Installing Titanium over an existing EQ directory will normally cause issues. Also, EQ Trilogy has been known to cause similar issues even if it is installed in a separate directory. I would recommend removing that from your PC completely if you have it installed. I think it might have something to do with it being a trial version of the game and it is a special build. Maybe that causes problems with retail installations.

Also, if the version of Titanium you have was from a download or anything other than directly from the CDs, then you have the wrong version. Right now, the only acceptable versions are the retail releases of EQ Titanium and Secrets of Faydwer is also available on some servers (it is still in the final stages of development for EQEmu).