Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Cruzer
Fire Beetle

Question Zone Dynamic Problems

Hello, im having issues with my zone dynamics, everything loads fine then the eqlaunch.exe starts up the dynamics dynamic_01 reported as started then immeditly another comes up saying its reported as stopped and it keeps on doing that i looked in my logs nothing i try to connect to server make a char not zoneserver to boot up i tried to use diff eqemu version nope i tried launching just the zone.exe it crashes could anyone please help me with this error?
Old 05-01-2009, 12:38 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

I have the same issue and have asked the question many times, no one has ever responded.

Good luck.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:44 PM
circuitdragon
Sarnak

Well...the usual format for these types of issues is knowing what versions of everything you are running, what databse, etc etc etc...plus posting your most recent world and zone logs could help. Just saying your car doesn't work won't help the mechanic in getting it fixed.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

This is usually a database issue. Post your log files that have "zone" in the filename. That'll at least give us a starting point.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:12 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27813

Rev 386

If you need a whole log I'd have to email it to you, they are way too big to post here.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:10 PM
circuitdragon
Sarnak

Well...without the full logs, we can only assume the zones are connecting properly to the world, and so, its not so much a DB issue. Far as I know, following the many guides and posts here, about the only thing that kills a zone is a missing spell file, or perhaps, using the wrong version. Need to make sure the server and client are using the same. That said, some newer items in the DB aren't going to work either since they have newer spells than what the spell files we use allow. This may not be the case for you, but its something to check, if you haven't already?
Old 05-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27813

Rev 386

If you need a whole log I'd have to email it to you, they are way too big to post here.
Just post pieces of it. Look for any errors or anything that might give a clue as to what the problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitdragon View Post
Well...without the full logs, we can only assume the zones are connecting properly to the world, and so, its not so much a DB issue. Far as I know, following the many guides and posts here, about the only thing that kills a zone is a missing spell file, or perhaps, using the wrong version. Need to make sure the server and client are using the same. That said, some newer items in the DB aren't going to work either since they have newer spells than what the spell files we use allow. This may not be the case for you, but its something to check, if you haven't already?
I'm not sure why you'd assume the zones are connecting properly when in the original post it says they can't even get them to start up. I would assume they are not connecting. I don't think there is enough information yet to ascertain what the issue could be. In my experience, when this has happened to me, it's because something was wrong with my db.

Not sure what you mean by server and client using the same version. We have 2 clients that work with current version of the server, rev doesn't really matter that much unless you are using a REALLY old rev of the server and SoF client. That might give issues with the client but that still doesn't have anything to do with the zones not starting up. DB version matters with server version.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:37 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Well, just for reference, my server has been up since early December. We have been running fine. I was just mentioning that I had the same dynamic zone problem as the OP, where they start and stop endlessly (makes a huge clusterf**k in the logs too).
Old 05-03-2009, 09:22 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

if you are using eqlaunch.exe this is usually caused by the name in the Launcher table and Launcher_Zones table *not* being the same as what you start eqlaunch.exe with

ie if you start eqlaunch.exe
start eqlaunch.exe zone

then in the launcher and launcher_zones table the names used has to be 'zone' also.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:54 AM
circuitdragon
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
Not sure what you mean by server and client using the same version. We have 2 clients that work with current version of the server, rev doesn't really matter that much unless you are using a REALLY old rev of the server and SoF client. That might give issues with the client but that still doesn't have anything to do with the zones not starting up. DB version matters with server version.
I my personal trials to getting a server running even in the old days, a common problem was the spell files either missing from the server, or not being the same as used on the client. Missing or bad spell files would cause a zone to crash as soon as any call to them would be made, and kill zones because of it. Pretty sure the new versions of the emu will do this still, but I haven't tried. The log he posted seemed to me to be from his world screen, so yeah, looked to me like they connect fine, just something obviously kills them. Just to make what I said a little clearer, in my just my head maybe...lol
Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Try deleting all the logs, start world, let it boot up, start zone.exe only. when it closes, open up the log file for it and paste that here (or try to run zone.exe from the command prompt, that may give you a hint why it's not working)
Old 06-01-2009, 03:40 AM
zergling
Sarnak

I am having the same problem.
MySQL 5.0
ActivePerl-5.8.8.822-MSWin32-x86-280952.msi
PEQServerPack-Maps-4.0-1110a.exe

Logs per previous instruction:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[06.01. - 02:28:08] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_zone_2448.log
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Log settings loaded from log.ini
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.7.0
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Log settings loaded from ./log.ini
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Mapping Incoming Opcodes
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Loading Variables
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Loading zone names
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Loading items
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT_ERR] Loading items FAILED!
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Failed. But ignoring error and going on...
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT] Loading npc faction lists
[06.01. - 02:28:08] [ZONE__INIT_ERR] Loading npcs faction lists FAILED!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Have verified that it did make it "zone" in peq.launcher, peq.launcher_zones seems to be empty. Could that be part of the problem?)