Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:11 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
it's coming back up. we work on Valve Time.
Haha, awesome.

Well, if anyone knows if EQEmu can have 2 servers on 1 host, I might be able to help out in the interim. I already run my own server, but have plenty of resources for another (and own my own hosting ) I've just never tried to run 2 EQEmu worlds out the same public IP.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Burningsoul
Banned

You mis-read John Adams, that was a few weeks back when it went down temporarily. It's down and out now.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:05 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Haha, awesome.

Well, if anyone knows if EQEmu can have 2 servers on 1 host, I might be able to help out in the interim. I already run my own server, but have plenty of resources for another (and own my own hosting ) I've just never tried to run 2 EQEmu worlds out the same public IP.
It won't on the same public IP, i'd rather give TessEQ2 a home though :P

If you are serious about the offer though i'll let Drakkie know, otherwise someone else is likely going to take up the project.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Give it some time, but i'm pretty sure i'm going to get X5 going again, maybe start with relatively the same DB in terms of layout. GM's and staffing I will probably be getting a few people together to make sure we have a constant stream of people to report to if and when there are problems. I will prolly need donations to get it up and started as far as possibly looking for a bigger bandwith and possibly a new box considering the amount of traffic it will build. Give it some time and she'll be back up and running
Old 10-30-2009, 01:29 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
It won't on the same public IP, i'd rather give TessEQ2 a home though :P
TessEQ2 had a home.

If you guys got it covered, then that's cool. I won't take down my own server, so I guess it's a moot point if EQEmu requires port 9000 and cannot be otherwise configured to something else.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Secrets or Drakkie I need to speak with either of you soonlike

chris144135@hotmail.com or on aim whatever
Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 AM
harney4
Fire Beetle

I saw the times 5 reborn server up just now, tried logging in and after I hit enter at the char select I froze, only for the server to be off the list when I restarted EQ, talk about a drag haha..

Is the server going back up for good or were people just messing around with the DB?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:16 AM
lovejiao
Fire Beetle

?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:17 AM
harney4
Fire Beetle

please bring it back up haha, I got teased!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by harney4 View Post
please bring it back up haha, I got teased!
Eh, maybe.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Yah there is something underway either way and the concept is going to be slightly different. Hold on to your pants
Old 11-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Sabreth
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by schecterx View Post
Yah there is something underway either way and the concept is going to be slightly different. Hold on to your pants
This is relevant to my interests

~Gurr
Old 11-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Some know I have had the newer version of this server up and running, but I do need the formulas yet, the .diff file does not merge with the file system I have on my server folder and have tried many ways to do it manually. Seeing as DB versions are not going to be far off can you zip the changed files perhaps as a whole starting from Branch and Trunk so that there's no messing aroudn with file structures?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Some know I have had the newer version of this server up and running, but I do need the formulas yet, the .diff file does not merge with the file system I have on my server folder and have tried many ways to do it manually. Seeing as DB versions are not going to be far off can you zip the changed files perhaps as a whole starting from Branch and Trunk so that there's no messing aroudn with file structures?
I seriously need these files girls whenever you can get a hold of me I will gladly send some cash, i've got players who want to be on but the diff files don't patch correctly in the server subfolders. Also if you'd like to discuss server possibilities at all as well i'm fully willing, but seeing as yall are prolly busy doing things in RL which are perfectly fine I just need a little bit of your time.

Please PM me Secrets or Drakkie or messenger either way
Old 11-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
I seriously need these files girls whenever you can get a hold of me I will gladly send some cash, i've got players who want to be on but the diff files don't patch correctly in the server subfolders. Also if you'd like to discuss server possibilities at all as well i'm fully willing, but seeing as yall are prolly busy doing things in RL which are perfectly fine I just need a little bit of your time.

Please PM me Secrets or Drakkie or messenger either way
We've been busy IRL with things. I don't have a backup of the source from that time, so you are going to have to try and apply the diff in whichever way possible, sorry.
Closed Thread