Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Drekard
Fire Beetle

I've been playing on here for a month or two and I have to say I love it
Trev and his team have done a great job, good fun
Old 01-16-2009, 02:05 AM
kayen85
Sarnak

Default New zones released.

Mistmoore Caverns are now open 1-16-08

This is the first set of major new zones release since Dreadspire. It is focused heavily on group content (2-6+) for players level 75. It spans four that zones that interweave in story line and quests, that can ultimately provide players an alternative means of accessing Dreadspire.

Some of the key features of Mistmoore Caverns:

- 4 zones. 100% customized. Each with its own special themes.
- 200+ custom loot/quest items created. Many with unique custom effects.
- Creative items useful to players even in full Dreadspire gear
- 25+ scripted named encounters spanning all difficulty ranges
- 15+ Quests for players of all gear level
- Unique entirely scripted zone. Like nothing else on the server.
- Every mob is unique in someway with its own special abilities/attributes
- Custom items of value to contribute to a growing economy
- Level 75 access, no keys/flags needed.
and more...

Spent a lot of time developing these zones to provide players who enjoy boxing/grouping a lot more content on the server. The level of detail is everything you have come to expect from the team at SH and I hope anyone who stops by will enjoy it.

Kayen
GM Stormhaven
Old 02-08-2009, 06:30 AM
enkendu
Fire Beetle

Hey Trev if its no big thing and doesnt require much, i was wondering if you would be able to point me in the right direction as far as updating the spells, i am Running a privet server of my own for a few friends and i would like spells that are over level 70, i have downloaded and placed what i thought to be updated Spells_us.txt files into both my Client side and server side folders, but for some reason noone can scribe these spells into thier book, and when the spell scrolls are summoned or found for these higher level spells, it says that you must be level 255 to use it and has no spell content on it, however i can with my GM look up that same spall ans cast the spell using GM command #castspell so the spells work, but i must be missing something here, if its not a problem and isnt too difficult could you point me to the right place on this matter, or just simply tell me its not possible,

the server DB is PEQ Rev288 and the Emu is Revision 271, i cant remember where to go to get the latest revision of Emu though, so maybe im out of date.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:41 AM
enkendu
Fire Beetle

hey, i did see your reply in the other thread, thank you for the info,
Old 02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
seridium
Sarnak

Great job on the server!

Did you do all this yourself? great fricking job man you are a master in my eyes funnest server I have played on.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seridium View Post
Great job on the server!

Did you do all this yourself? great fricking job man you are a master in my eyes funnest server I have played on.
Thanks for the kind words So far it has all been done by Kayen/Vanco and myself.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:28 PM
GenTarkin
Fire Beetle

Pretty nice server! love the idea behind it. I started a character last night, made it to crushbone...realized I in all my EQ experience do not know crushbone that well ROFL!
So, if anyone wants to hunt with a lvl 1 barb shaman...let me know =) my main hours are PST in the evenings!
My char name is tklash or something like that =)
See ya all in game.

Oh about crushbone, do I just start killin all the orcs I see? or are those like in a city and faction based..not supposed to kill type mobs?
Thanks!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM
trevius
Developer

Right now, I don't think we have any special faction-based stuff setup on the server. Eventually we may add some, but if so, it will be made clear to the players that they have to watch their faction.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Arcaan
Fire Beetle

This server has been a blast for me and a group of my friend. We have really enjoyed the good work put into the exp and raid zones and really good and fun boss encounters. It is not all Tons of HP like some servers out there. And now Secrets of Faydwer is being integrated and beta is now out. Check it out if you are looking for a well done server with a consitant hard working staff.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:29 PM
clericgildina
Fire Beetle

Hey everyone,

I used to play EQ way back in the day, right around when Kunark came out, right up until the Berserker class came out. Last year I had bought EQ Titanium and played some EQEmu. I had played on Krusher's server and the EZ Server (I think) and had a lot of fun. Krusher's got a bit boring just because it was so easy to get any gear you wanted using commands and such. EZ was a bit better, but was still very easy to get uber gear.

So I have decided that this summer I am going to play some EQEmu again and I am currently looking to see what server I would like to play on. This server looks promising and Trevius appears to be very organized and dedicated. I just have a few questions about the server.

1. I read on your website that XP is accelerated slightly. I am looking to get up to level 60+, but don't want it to be ridiculously easy or ridiculously long. I was just wondering if this server's XP rate a good balance of making it feel like an accomplishment without it being an absolute grind.

2. I hate starting out and having terrible gear without having any way to get better gear but I also don't like to have uber gear right off the get go. I was wondering if you server had any way for a mid-level character to level and get decent gear as you go, or maybe give you a decent starting package at all (I couldn't find anything regarding this on your website). Example: Is there any zones with a custom loot table which gives mid-level character a chance to get some decent gear that lets them get the ability to solo. I just feel that without a giant community, it may be difficult to equip a low to mid level character without a good economy.

3. Is soloing a viable option on this server? (I would most likely playing a Shaman or Necromancer) Or is the server heavily group oriented.

Thanks I hope to hear some answers and hope to be joining your server in a few weeks once my university finals are over!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Joeyboots
Fire Beetle

Dude nice server. I like how you've set it up.Seems to be a lot of content. Keep up the good work Trevius!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 PM
barista1987
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by clericgildina View Post
1. I read on your website that XP is accelerated slightly. I am looking to get up to level 60+, but don't want it to be ridiculously easy or ridiculously long. I was just wondering if this server's XP rate a good balance of making it feel like an accomplishment without it being an absolute grind. Xp 1-70 is relatively fast...maybe a few nights of playing at most. 70-75 requires turn ins, which, unless you have a group you probably wont be doing it too fast.

2. I hate starting out and having terrible gear without having any way to get better gear but I also don't like to have uber gear right off the get go. I was wondering if you server had any way for a mid-level character to level and get decent gear as you go, or maybe give you a decent starting package at all (I couldn't find anything regarding this on your website). Example: Is there any zones with a custom loot table which gives mid-level character a chance to get some decent gear that lets them get the ability to solo. I just feel that without a giant community, it may be difficult to equip a low to mid level character without a good economy. Gear is easy to get, everyone of my characters were geared to the teeth while leveling.

3. Is soloing a viable option on this server? (I would most likely playing a Shaman or Necromancer) Or is the server heavily group oriented. Soloing is easy 1-70, 70-75 there isn't much content at all that a solo class can do. It is mainly bust out the quest turn ins for 70-75, and join a guild that can do the content. Other than that, you will be grinding the same few zones nonstop.

Thanks I hope to hear some answers and hope to be joining your server in a few weeks once my university finals are over!

Hope you enjoy the server!
Old 05-15-2010, 07:51 AM
dzags
Sarnak

I just wanted to send this post back to the top - for anyone who hasn't played here before it is by far the best (imo) emu server. I've played on a variety of servers and nobody does content like Stormhaven.

Once you hit 75 pretty much every boss fight is going to be custom with something other then spank and tank. This is not a server of just keep fighting the exact same fights but with bigger numbers.

We have 4 tiers at 75, all of which contain multiple zones, the latest of which features several real instances and some awesome new content.

Come check out the hard work Trev and Kayen are doing!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:33 AM
dzags
Sarnak

Just wanted to send this one back to the top again.

If anyone is looking for a server with a small amount of boxing (3 is the max without contributing a few bucks, 4 is the max with that) then I highly recommend Stormhaven. It is not your typical super easy Emu server, its pretty easy to get started (There is leveling content for 1-70 in both Titanium zones and SoF zones) but once you hit the raid tiers it can get very difficult, but very fun. Some of the best scripted encounters I have seen, Kayen and Trev definitely stay ahead of everyone else in regards to what they offer.