Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:14 AM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

Default I don't want to give up but...

...it's hard to keep trying a bunch of things that don't work for me. What happened is...everything was working fine, and then I tried to connect to my LAN server from a second PC. Right then, the server stopped working. Permanently. I can see the server in the list, but it kicks me back to the login every time. I even went so far as to do a clean install of everything, and nothing works. How is that even possible? I'm using MiniLogin if that makes a difference.

I've searched the forums for hours, I've read about this same issue, but nothing works for me. Whatever I did on my second PC seems to have permanently borked everything, even fresh installations that would have worked before. I'm above-average at least with my general computer knowledge, but this makes no sense to me.

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions you guys might have. If nothing works I'll just wipe everything again...eqemu files, server files, EverQuest files..anything and everything related. I'll give it one more good try. I had this thing working before, and I don't want to give up yet!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:30 AM
trevius
Developer

My first suggestion would be to stop using minilogin. I would suggest running either a public server that you only give yourself access to, or to use the EQEmuLoginServer instead for private. Also, you will need to give more info about your current issue. Most likely it is a config issue in your config file, or maybe a port issue, though port issues are rare to happen on a LAN.

Another suggestion would be for you to just use the Leslamarch server repack from the tools section of the forums, which should simplify everything for you.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:26 PM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

Thank you Trevius!

I was using Minilogin because for the life of me I could not get the EQEmuLogin to work. I followed the guide exactly. However, I may have gotten closer to making it work, but...since I put in a database entry to tell MySQL that I was using Minilogin as my login server, it seems to always try to use that no matter what.

I put in this command line: update variables set value = "Minilogin" where varname = "LoginType";

I tried to reverse it but it doesn't seem to work that way. It's like Minilogin is stuck there now.

I have all the ports open that should be required. I followed a pretty helpful list I found while searching the forums.

Next I will probably try to just make a public server. I'm not sure how to make it so only I (or set others) have access to it but I can probably search for how to do that. I found how to set up a proper config file for this setup in the wiki so I should (hopefully) get that to work.

If all this fails I will use the server pack you suggested. I was not aware of its existence before but now I have it bookmarked. Thank you!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:41 PM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

Holy sheep dip...it finally works. Program works fine, server works and I ended up using the EQEmu login server. Just gotta set a few more tweaks and I'm good to go.

Thank you again.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
spideyak
Fire Beetle

ChessyCats, or anybody I suppose =P....

To which EQEmuLogin.exe guide are you referring? I'm trying to find one to set it up, but I've not seen anything detailing that setup, only the mini-login.

It's probably something I've overlooked, something super obvious =)
Old 06-22-2010, 07:44 PM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

I ended up not using any special login program at all. I set my eqhost.txt to: Host=eqemulator.net:5998 and then in my server folder I edited my eqemu_config.xml file so the login section looks like:
<loginserver>
<host>eqemulator.net</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

Now you would log in using the account(s) you made on this website. Minilogin was a pain for me and I could not get the other login type to work. But this one is good. Just remember that this makes your server public so you will probably want to lock it and/or control who gets on it, unless you want it to be public of course.